Arlington, VT, May 8, 2012 – Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com) and Western Civilization Software ( www.west-civ.com) along with Uwe Eickert ( www.academy-games.com) are excited to announce the release of the tactical turn-based World War II game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!, which has had its roots in the award-winning current boardgame series. No effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the PC, Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! aims to capture the tactical wargamer’s heart!
Set on the Eastern Front during Operation Barbarossa, Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! tasks players with commanding German or Russian forces between 1941-1942, complete with a historical roster of infantry, armor and artillery units. Players will be able to command the board while using either traditional chit-style graphics or 3D units, as well as either a flexible 3D camera view or top-down 2D view.
Wargamers will have to rely on realistic military tactics to win not only against the AI but also against human players using the in-game multiplayer server complete with a forum for matchmaking and a real-time chat lobby. Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! is loaded with scenarios, ten from original board game in “Awakening the Bear Firefights”, as well as 16 new scenarios along with a very flexible “point-buy” scenario on “Partisan Road”. Players will have a multitude of firefight to keep themselves busy, as well as a scenario and map editor to create more!
The full feature list of Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! include:
- Official adaptation of the multiple award-winning board game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!
- Full 3D Graphics as well as board game-style Chit graphics. Supports a flexible 3D camera view or top down 2D camera view.
- Fun: Quick-paced simultaneous play allows both players to interact with no waiting.
- Fast: Scenarios vary in length from only 1/2 hour to 2-3 hours.
- Easy: Teach a new player how to play in ten minutes! Full in-game tutorials included as well as a full color printed manual.
- Historically Accurate: Learn the unique tactics and logistics used by each historical faction.
- Challenging: Realistic military tactics are required to win.
- Full AI: Play any scenario against the computer when a human opponent is unavailable
- Multi-player: TCP/IP Multiplayer support with game lobby and forum for internet play (requires one open port) as well as LAN play support
- Awakening the Bear Firefights: Ten Scenarios faithfully adapted from the original board game
- Commanding Heights Firefights: Five new scenarios set in the Kerch Peninsula in 1942
- Frontier Firefights: Eleven new scenarios set across the Eastern Front in 1941-1942
- Point Buy Firefight: "Partisan Road", a flexible and replayable point-buy scenario
- Full Scenario Editor: Create and share new scenarios using any of the "Awakening the Bear!" units
ABOUT SLITHERINE LTD. AND MATRIX GAMES LTD.
Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. are the world’s leading video games producers and publishers of historical and strategy titles. Since 2000, both brands have published literally hundreds of games with many award-winning titles in their portfolio spanning all digital and console platforms. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, and board gaming and work with a wide array of key licensing partners such as HISTORY™, MILITARY HISTORY™, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Casemate Publishing and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. The two companies merged in May 2010 and formed the world’s largest organization specializing in this niche but important market sector. Slitherine’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in this expanding industry sector.