19 April 2010
Contact: Martine Parry, Apply Group - 0845 838 1989
Media heavyweight Peter Bazalgette joins the stellar line-up of games, broadcast media, social media and funding professionals for the Forum's opening debate focused on the impact of policy and governance on the future viability of online media and games.
In one corner are those that argue that Bills such as the Digital Economy Bill protect against piracy, thus driving revenues. In the other corner are those that argue that draconian measures will kill the industry if consumers are denied online access.
• What is the net impact on distribution and monetisation for consumer-driven businesses, including games?
• Will these measures prevent or slow down the inevitable move to online distribution, consumption and billing?
• How global are these measures and are there loopholes that can be exploited?
• How will successful monetisation models including virtual goods, microtransactions, advertising and freemium models be affected?
• What other plans are a-foot for digital policy and governance that will affect you?
The IMMERSION Forum&Showcase continues for the rest of the day, with key speakers presenting the latest buzz on: Geospatial Apps, Search, Virtual Worlds, MMOs, Facebook Games and Apps, Smartphone and Social Media Apps, Game-Changer Technologies - and a Business Workshop ... and it's all wrapped up with an exclusive evening networking party in Central London.
Speakers include: Peter Bazelgette, New Baz; Ian Livingstone, Square Enix; Peter Edward, Sony Home; Mike Rawlinson, ELSPA; Matthew Jeffery, EA; Kim Bayley, ERA; Gina Fegan, SEMN; James Bamford, Bing; Nick Mitham, KZero; Toby Beresford, Nudge; Tim Harrison, The Mobile Consultancy; Justin Bovington, Rivers Run Red; Ron Edwards, Ambient; Mike Dicks, Bleedin' Edge; David Burden, Daden; Ian Hughes, Feeding Edge.
Registration for the Forum - only£299 - www.immersion10.co.uk Very limited number of places available.
The networking party is separately bookable and open to all - only£29 - http://magicmixer.eventbrite.com
---- ENDS ----------
Peter Bazalgette is a media consultant specialising in television and digital entertainment. He is non-Executive Chairman of two of Sony’s television divisions in the UK, a non-executive director of MyVideoRights and a member of BBH’s Advisory Board. From 2004-2007 he was Chief Creative Officer of Endemol.
He has personally devised several internationally successful TV formats, such as Ready Steady Cook and Changing Rooms. He also brought Big Brother to the UK. Peter’s book about the business of TV formats, Billion Dollar Game, was published in 2005.
He is also a non-executive director of YouGov and a former Board member of Channel 4. He serves as Deputy Chairman of the National Film and Television School and on the Board of English National Opera.
About IMMERSION Forum&Showcase
IMMERSION is 1 day action-packed event hosted by UK Trade&Investment at the Government's central London DTI/ BIS Conference Centre, focused on the business of Immersive Games&Social Media; including monetisation and funding.
From policy to strategy, application, monitisation and innovation of immersive games&social media, the annual IMMERSION Forum focuses on the current application and future of immersive&social media, EVERYWHERE: online, via smartphone and other devices - in games ... for broadcast media ... for brands ... and now for big business. Many questions are answered; including: What is the business and technical roadmap for immersive and social media and how can I make it work for me? How are virtual goods and microtransactions essential to my business model?
Sign up now for ground-breaking sessions, leading strategy, world-beating developer and commissioner speakers, exclusive networking. Not to be missed.
• Take part in the Policy discussion about the impact of policy on the Internet and digital media - and how it affects you
• Learn about the strategic and governance issues relating to Facebook, Bing, Google and other major platforms online
• Explore new revenue, funding&distribution models using social media for your business - includes microtransactions, freemium, virtual goods
• Understand the opportunities and risks of the Cloud and SAaS model
• Interact with the showcase of best applications and innovation tech around today
• Learn where to apply augmented reality, location-based and geospatial applications
• Learn about monetising Smartphone apps
APPLY GROUP Martine Parry Commercial Director
tel: 0845 838 1989 mobile: 07788 191252