What: Men of War: Assault Squad public demo available and boxart revealed
When: Available immediately
Where: The Men of War: Assault Squad public demo can be downloaded and mirrored from http://www.1cfiles.com/MenofWarAS_Demo/MoWAS_SPDemo.zip
The public Demo for Men of War: Assault Squad is now available to download. It features the first level putting players in the heat of the Pacific War, and once they have proven themselves in combat they can play another skirmish mission in the European Theatre.
For the official boxart please go to: http://www.tractionpr.com/1C in the Men of War folder.
Men of War: Assault Squad will be available on February 25 th, 2011.
Men of War: Assault Squad is a sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War. Assault Squad features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and, for the first time ever in the Men of War series, Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility. Like previous games in the series, Men of War: Assault Squad includes the unique "direct control" feature which enables players to maneuver units using standard "WASD" controls rather than pointing and clicking. Using "direct control" PC Generals can get behind the controls of a tank to smash through obstacles, crush soldiers under its tracks and fire armor-piercing shells at enemy emplacements, or take control of individual soldiers as they fight.
- Different historical settings and battlegrounds for every nation will ensure that each time players will face a variety of enemies and tactics
- Unique hero units for every nation which have powerful abilities such as increasing units' firepower, boosting morale or providing other advantages to defeat the enemy against all odds.
- Fantastic bonus abilities such as remote controlled bombs that can flatten entire residential blocks, airstrikes able to destroy incoming tank columns, special "For the Motherland!" charge attacks and many more
- Improved and dynamic AI ensures that no two games will play out the same way, making each battle a new experience against an AI that really fights back
- Choose from a variety of scenario locations ranging from Western Europe, to Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Pacific
- The ability to play this new game mode with up to four friends in LAN or cooperative online play
- New multiplayer maps and game settings
- Improved multiplayer balancing to provide a more authentic use of equipment and vehicles
- Overhauled infantry squads and the ability to buy individual soldiers to suit players' needs
- Realistic weapon behavior and penetration values
- A reworked artillery system that provides innovative assault and defense strategies
- New types of ammunition that increase the depth of tank combat
More information and press materials about Men of War: Assault Squad can be found at the game's official website:
About 1C Company
1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of business, entertainment and educational software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the largest publisher and distributor of computer and video games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal development of 1C includes IL-2 Sturmovik series and Theatre of War series. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles including titles like Rig'n'Roll, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Faces of War, Men of War series, Perimeter, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King's Bounty: The Legend, King's Bounty: Armored Princess and King's Bounty: Crossworlds.
For more information on 1C please go to our website at www.1cpublishing.com.
The statements contained in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. The Company cautions readers of this press release that a number of important factors could cause the 1C Company's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in any such forward-looking statements. 1C Company and 1C logo are registered trademarks of the 1C Company. All other company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright© 2011 1C Company. All Rights Reserved.
Digitalmindsoft was founded in 2006, in Germany. The company is co-developer of Best Way and started co-operation with its founding, currently they are working together with Best Way on Men of War as their debut title. DMS also delivers community support for Soldiers: Heroes of World War II and Faces of War.
DMS is also responsible for the Western part of the management of larger community events such as the newly announced Multiplayer Beta test.
For more information, please visit www.digitalmindsoft.eu
For further information, please contact:
1C Company Moscow:
+7 (495) 688 8929
1C Company Media US:
(310) 453-2050 x111