Who: Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company
What: Men of War: Assault Squad release date announced and Open Beta stage 2 launched
When: Stage 2 is available immediately. Digital and retail copies will be available February 25th
Where: Men of War: Assault Squad will be available in major digital and retail shops everywhere
Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta stage 2 is available from: http://store.steampowered.com/app/64000
Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta stage 2 introduces a new playable faction from the full game, the Soviet Union. There are also a variety of improvements in gameplay and balance.
Men of War: Assault Squad Open Beta stage 2 is being distributed exclusively through Steam. Virtual generals will need to follow the link above and click on "Install Game" (a free Steam account is required). After that the game will be downloaded and added to your Steam library as well as a cd-key to play online.
Men of War: Assault Squad is a sequel to the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Men of War. Assault Squad features a completely new cooperative skirmish game mode with access to five different nations (Russia, Germany, USA, Commonwealth and, for the first time ever in the Men of War series, Japan) as well as increased realism and accessibility. Like previous games in the series, Men of War: Assault Squad includes the unique“direct control” feature which enables players to maneuver units using standard“WASD” controls rather than pointing and clicking. PC Generals can get behind the controls of a tank to smash through obstacles, crush soldiers under its tracks and fire armor-piercing shells at enemy emplacements, or take control of individual soldiers as they fight.
- Different historical settings and battlegrounds for every nation will ensure that each time players will face a variety of enemies and tactics
- Unique hero units for every nation which have powerful abilities such as increasing units’ firepower, boosting morale or providing other advantages to defeat the enemy against all odds.
- Fantastic bonus abilities such as remote controlled bombs that can flatten entire residential blocks, airstrikes able to destroy incoming tank columns, special "For the Motherland!" charge attacks and many more
- Improved and dynamic AI ensures that no two games will play out the same way, making each battle a new experience against an AI that really fights back
- Choose from a variety of scenario locations ranging from Western Europe, to Eastern Europe, North Africa and the Pacific
- The ability to play this new game mode with up to four friends in LAN or cooperative online play
- New multiplayer maps and game settings
- Improved multiplayer balancing to provide a more authentic use of equipment and vehicles
- Overhauled infantry squads and the ability to buy individual soldiers to suit players’ needs
- Realistic weapon behavior and penetration values
- A reworked artillery system that provides innovative assault and defense strategies
- New types of ammunition that increase the depth of tank combat
More information and press materials about Men of War: Assault Squad can be found at the game's official website: www.menofwargame.com/assault
About 1C Company
1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of business, entertainment and educational software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the largest publisher and distributor of computer and video games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal development of 1C includes IL-2 Sturmovik series and Theatre of War series. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles including titles like Rig'n'Roll, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Faces of War, Men of War series, Perimeter, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King’s Bounty: The Legend, King’s Bounty: Armored Princess and King’s Bounty: Crossworlds.
For more information on 1C please go to our website at www.1cpublishing.com
The statements contained in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. The Company cautions readers of this press release that a number of important factors could cause the 1C Company’s actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in any such forward-looking statements. 1C Company and 1C logo are registered trademarks of the 1C Company. All other company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright© 2011 1C Company. All Rights Reserved.
Digitalmindsoft was founded in 2006, in Germany. The company is co-developer of Best Way and started co-operation with its founding, currently they are working together with Best Way on Men of War as their debut title. DMS also delivers community support for Soldiers: Heroes of World War II and Faces of War.
DMS is also responsible for the Western part of the management of larger community events such as the newly announced Multiplayer Beta test.
For more information, please visit www.digitalmindsoft.eu
For further information, please contact:
+7 (495) 644 3333
putilin @1cpublishing.eu Felix Yakovlev
+7 (495) 644 3333
firstname.lastname@example.org Darryl Still