Milton Keynes, UK– 4th March 2008 - 505 games, 1C Company, Best Way and Digitalmindsoft announce a multiplayer beta test for their next RTS game Men of War.
Men of War takes place during the height of World War II. The story unfolds across three different campaigns played out through the eyes of Soviet, Allied and German soldiers. Each campaign has its own structured timeline, telling a different story of WWII spanning across Russia, North Africa, Ukraine, Greece, Germany, Italy and the Pacific. The main Soviet campaign sees two student comrades, Smirnov and Kuznetzov, join the army and quickly become brothers in arms as they rise through the ranks and experience the rigours of war.
Features of the multiplayer part of the game:
· Fully destructible environments– use newly formed tank shell craters as cover for your men
· Brand new physics and armour penetration system
· Each mission and battle plays out differently based on your tactical choices
· Over 100 accurately modelled tanks and vehicles ready for your command
· Realistic fog of war
· Smart AI searches for your men covered in bushes and calls for them for reinforcements. Also includes an all-new morale system
· Four different playable multiplayer nations
· Direct Control
· Up to 16 players via LAN or Network
· In-game browser including ranked statistics
· Several well tested and intense game modes
· Cooperative game mode allows you to play through the campaigns with your friends
· NAT support, allows you to host games through routers
· Varied and challenging multiplayer maps
· Balanced settings - the smarter player, not the fastest wins the battle
How to participate:
Due to expected high demand, you will have to register in advance to take part in the Beta test. Please register in the DMS forums http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu where you will find a post on the Beta test. From here you will need to post some details and shortly afterwards you will receive a private message with a unique CD-key, that will allow you to join the game once live and available for download.
To give you a taster for the multiplayer action we have posted some screenshots showing some of the new maps.
-- ENDS --
For more information, please contact:
UK Marketing and PR Manager
+44 (0)1908 607772
About 505 Games
505 Games, headquartered in Milton Keynes, is dedicated to the publishing and international distribution of full price, mid-range and budget computer and videogames in EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) markets and Australia. The current portfolio includes the best selling games Cooking Mama, ArmA: Armed Assault, Bust-a-Move and Armored Core and covers all gaming platforms, including next generation consoles like Sony PlayStation® 3, Nintendo Wii™ and Microsoft Xbox 360™. For More information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.co.uk
About 1C Company
1C Company specializes in distribution, publishing and development of mass-market software. Founded in 1991, 1C has become the leading publisher and distributor of computer games in Eastern and Central Europe. 1C Company is widely acknowledged as a game developer and has several internal studios. Internal developments of 1C include IL-2 Sturmovik, IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion Pack, Pacific Fighters and Theatre of War. 1C Company works as a publisher and producer with over 30 independent development studios and has produced over 100 projects for PC and consoles.
For more information, please visit www.1cpublishing.com
About Best Way
Best Way was founded in 1991, in the Ukraine. Initially the company specialized in computer hardware, application software and networks. In 1999, the company's game development subdivision was created. Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, published by 1C Company and Codemasters, has become Best Way’s debut title. The highly anticipated title won the "Best Game of 2004", "Best Graphics of 2004" and "Best Game Soundtrack of 2004" at the annual Gameland Awards ceremony.
In 2006 Best Way together with 1C and Ubisoft has released Faces of War - sequel to Soldiers: Heroes of World War II.
Currently Best Way is working on Men of War, third game in the Soldiers– Faces of War series.