Marina Del Rey, Calif. - October 19, 2011 - Prepare to navigate through all new tumultuous trenches and moving platforms as Mercury Hg, the latest mind-bending adventure in the Mercury franchise, is now available on PlayStation®Network and Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. To mark the occasion, UTV Ignition Games today released a brand new gameplay video and announced two upcoming DLC packs for the brain-busting title.
Featuring modernized graphics, Mercury Hg's arrival brings fans 60 new levels and customizable music features, delivering an enhanced gaming experience for fans and newcomers to the Mercury franchise.
Gamers can also look forward to new downloadable content for Mercury Hg, which will provide 60 all-new puzzling, science-themed levels!
Heavy Elements (30 new levels)
- Now available on PSN and XBLA in the U.S. for $2.99 or 240 Microsoft Points, respectively
Rare Earth Elements (30 new levels)
- Available November 29 on PSN for $2.99
- Available November 30 on XBLA for 240 Microsoft Points
In-game features for Mercury Hg include:
- 60 all new levels, with an additional 60 levels obtained through two new DLC packs.
- Devious new tile types: conveyors, doors, and moving platforms.
- Level sections offering ultra-slippery or ultra-sticky, spinners and switches, and teleporters and magnets add to the unique arcade puzzle action for which Mercury is famous.
- New level objects, such as Smartfloor, which only forms as you move towards it.
- Three bonus challenges per level that gauge your abilities: The amount of mercury to finish, the time to complete, AND the number of bonuses collected all come into play.
- Sixaxis™ controller support (accelerometer only).
- Animated reactive backgrounds and floors responding to music-perfect for custom soundtracks
- New "Re-merge" button help feature reforms the blob with a magnet, but beware: there will be penalties for its use!
- Online leaderboard support. Replay sharing between friends and downloadable replays from the leaderboards, including ghosts of your friend's best times.
To download the new Mercury Hg trailer, new DLC screen shots and other assets, click here:
About UTV Ignition Games Ltd.
UTV Ignition Games is a wholly owned subsidiary of UTV Software Communication Ltd, India's only global media and entertainment conglomerate. Founded in 2002 and headquartered in the U.K. with offices in Marina Del Rey, California, Austin, Texas and Tokyo, Japan. For more information on Ignition and its products, visit http://www.utvignition.com
About UTV Software Communications LTD:
UTV Software Communications Limited is India's leading global integrated media house with business interests in Television, Movies, Broadcasting, Games Content and New Media. UTV India & its subsidiaries (UTV) create, aggregate and disseminate content of various genres across varied distribution platforms. Listed on India's premier stock exchange, The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Mumbai UTV is India's only diversified media and Entertainment Company with content creation abilities across platforms and genres. It has subsidiaries with offices across India, UK, USA and Japan. The Walt Disney Company holds a strategic stake in UTV.
Eiconic Games Limited was founded in the UK in 2006 by former core team members from Travellers Tales and Deep Red Games. The founders' vision was to build upon their successful product track record and 70+ years experience to develop new and exciting games for the mass market. Eiconic Games has developed its own independent multi-platform technology and has released several products both as boxed product and digital download across multiple platforms. Eiconic Games continues to build its reputation for production quality and cutting edge technology as well as being at the forefront of the growing digital download market. Eiconic Games is a privately owned company, based in the South East of England. For more information please visit www.eiconic.com.
Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.