New York 4th of March, 2009 - Today Paradox Interactive label Mezmer Games officially announces the game Legio from Sweden-based developer ICE Game Studios.
Legio is a turn-based strategy game for one to two players. The game takes place in a mythical fantasy world where magicians, warriors and monsters battle for domination. Playing Legio is an intense experience, requiring careful strategic thinking, rewarding both courage and cleverness!
The game is a mix between chess and a turn-based war game. Both players control an equal army of characters, with the goal of eliminating the other player's army. Learning to play Legio is quite easy, but it is a great challenge to master all the various strategies.
Read more about Legio and get in touch with the developers at:
- Legio is easy to learn but difficult to master. The rules of Legio allow for many different styles of play, from very aggressive strategies to strictly defensive play.
- Offers both single-player (vs. the computer) and two-player games (hotseat on the same PC, over a LAN, or over the Internet).
- Provides different game modes, from simple Player vs. Player challenges to full Elimination Tournaments.
- The Legio universe is an immersive fantasy world with a rich back story, populated by unique creatures and characters.
- Hundreds of unique animations for various attacks, mortal blows and other special moves.
- A dynamic music engine changes the musical theme to reflect the gameplay.
Legio is planned for a late Q2 release, with an SRP of $19.99.
Please contact: email@example.com
About Mezmer Games
Mezmer Games is a new independent games label, focusing on great games from small game studios.As box retail is becoming increasingly expensive, sluggish, and non-eco-friendly, we help indie developers reach a large audience through download distribution. We work exclusively with digital distribution and alternative channels. With the Mezmer Marketing Machine, we give the indie titles the attention they warrant through clever marketing and PR. Mezmer Games is a wholly owned business unit of Paradox Interactive.
Read more: http://www.mezmergames.com
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy stable, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes original titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as the best published titles like the Penumbra Series, Supreme Ruler 2020, and the greatly-anticipated Majesty 2– The Fantasy Kingdom Sim.
Read more: http://www.paradoxplaza.com
About ICE Studios
ICE Game Studios was founded in 2005 in Umea, Sweden. The company is an independent game developer which mainly develops games from their own concepts. Their goal is to make state of the art games that will entertain experienced gamers and beginners alike. ICE Game Studios' staff has a broad experience from working with major AAA titles.
Read more: http://www.icegamestudios.com