For immediate release
The Organization Committee is proud to announce the President of the 4th Milthon awards and the nominees officially selected for the competition. The ceremony rewards the European video game studios for their artwork quality, during the grand opening of the 5th Paris Game Festival.
The President of the Jury
The 2010 President is the utmost charismatic Martyn BROWN, co-founder of the Britannic studio/publisher Team17. Well known for the international true phenomenon Worms, Martyn Brown and Team17 represent one of the major Independent studios with over 60 titles (130+ skus) on over 20 platforms in their history.
"Obviously I was tremendously honored and excited to be invited to be president of the jury at the Milthon Awards ", Martyn Brown declares, "with such a strong short-list and some exciting independent entries, it is sure to be a fitting tribute to yet another superb year for the European games industry."
8 MILTHON awards will be given, among them the highly anticipated "Game of the Year". 15 European games have already been nominated in 7 categories, featuring the following list:
Best Console game:
- <*>Alan Wake (Xbox 360) from Remedy Entertainment (Finland)*> <*>Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Playstation 3/Xbox 360) from EA DICE (Sweden)*> <*>Heavy Rain (Playstation 3) from Quantic Dream (France)*>
Best PC/MAC game:
- <*>Colin McRae : DiRT 2 from Codemasters (United-Kingdom)*> <*>Metro 2033 from 4A Games (Ukraine)*> <*>Napoleon: Total War from The Creative Assembly (United-Kingdom)*>
Best Mobile game:
- <*>Dodogo! (Nintendo DS) from Alien After All (France)*> <*>iBlast Moki (iPhone/iPod) from Godzilab (France)*> <*>N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (iPhone/iPod) from Gameloft (France)*>
Best Indie game:
- <*>Limbo (Xbox 360) from Playdead (Denmark)*> <*>LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias (Wii) from Frontier Developments (United-Kingdom)*> <*>Machinarium (PC) from Amanita Design (Czeck Republic)*>
Best Game Design:
- <*>EA DICE (Sweden) for Battlefield: Bad Company 2(Playstation 3/Xbox 360)*> <*>Quantic Dream (France) for Heavy Rain (Playstation 3)*> <*>The Creative Assembly (United-Kingdom) for Napoleon: Total War(PC)*>
Best Visual Art:
- <*>Playdead (Denmark) for Limbo(Xbox 360)*> <*>Remedy Entertainment (Finland) for Alan Wake (Xbox 360)*> <*>Ubisoft Montreuil (France)for Red steel 2(Wii)*>
Best Audio Design:
- <*>Climax Studios (United-Kingdom) for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii)*> <*>IO Interactive (Denmark) for Kane&Lynch 2: Dog Days (Playstation 3/Xbox 360)*> <*>Remedy Entertainment (Finland) for Alan Wake (Xbox 360)*>
The Ceremony will be held in Paris on the Friday 10th of September 2010, as the 5th Paris Game Festival inauguration.
The Milthon awards will also be the occasion to once again reward the Video Game Creation teaching organizations and their students' artwork excellence, thanks to the Paris Game Festival Student Award.
The 4th Milthon ceremony is presented by Games Fed, the Cultural Ministry, the Industrial Ministry, the Centre National du Cinéma et de l'Image Animée and the RegionalÎle-de-France Council.
Official Website: www.milthon.com
International Press Officer: Jessica Rei - email@example.com
French Press Officer: Anthony Mazelly - firstname.lastname@example.org