Brighton, UK – March 2013: Tazman-Audio announced today that Fabric audio toolset has been licensed by Mind Candy.
"We are really proud to have forged this latest relationship with Mind Candy. It is really exciting having Mind Candy on board using Fabric; their latest releases and the high calibre of their studio workforce is outstanding and the collaboration is a testament to the forward movement of Fabric in audio development in gaming" said Anastasios Brakis of Tazman-Audio. "Fabric is dynamically encompassing current audio solutions and together, this collaboration will continue to provide the quality we have come to expect from Mind Candy in the current generation of mobile and online games using Unity.”
Daan Hendriks, Lead Audio Designer, Mind Candy commented "We chose to go with Fabric as it offers a comprehensive set of audio tools that plug straight into Unity, and is compatible with all the platforms that Unity can publish to. It comes with pretty much all the tools that we need, with new features being added regularly. Whenever we have specific requests for new features or improvements to current ones, these are being handled with an impressive immediacy, which for me has been one of the main benefits of choosing Fabric."
Fabric provides an extensive array of audio features and custom user interfaces that allow developers to design great audio entirely within Unity3D. Its nested component hierarchy allows users to create complex audio structures and combined with its event based system Fabric reduces the dependency on programmers, giving more power to the sound-designers to work independently.
Fabric’s key features:
- Powerful timeline multi-track component allows layering and crossfading a number of sounds together.
- Dynamic mixer, allows developers to constantly change the audio mix of the game during play.
- Volume meter and side chain components automate volume adjustments, making it easier to let important audio elements cut through the mix.
- Quick integration with the game using an easy and intuitive audio event system.
- Custom user interfaces, allowing to quickly iterate and focus on the audio functionality that is important.
- Written entirely with Unity’s scripting language, doesn’t require external native plug-ins and can be used on any platform that Unity supports.
Tazman-Audio is an audio developer with over 14 years of professional experience in game and tools development with the commitment in developing high quality audio software for game and audio productions. For more information you can visit www.tazman-audio.co.uk or follow us on twitter @Tazman_Audio.
About Mind Candy
Mind Candy, creator of the successful Moshi Monsters franchise, is a global entertainment company based in the UK with offices in Los Angeles and New York. The company was formed by Internet entrepreneur, Michael Acton Smith, in 2004.
For more information visit www.MindCandy.com