Event Features a Pre-Release Halo 4 Tournament and Competitions for
StarCraft ® II: Wings of Liberty ®, League of Legends and Mortal Kombat™, TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 and PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™ on PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system
Competition Streamed LIVE All Weekend at www.majorleaguegaming.com/live
More than 1500 of the world’s best gamers will compete for more than $180,000 in prizes at the Major League Gaming (MLG) Fall Championship. Starting today and continuing through November 4, thousands of fans will descend upon the Dallas Convention Center and hundreds of thousands more will watch online as the world’s best compete in the three-day tournament. Spectator and HD online viewing passes are available at http://store.majorleaguegaming.com/ and the broadcast kicks off at 5pm CT tonight.
The Games, Players and Prizing – The event features Halo 4, StarCraft II, League of Legends, Mortal Kombat, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, PlayStation All-Stars, Shootmania and more
- Halo 4 (Exclusive Pre-Release Tournament) - $40,000 in prizes: Making its return to the Pro Circuit, the latest installment of the storied franchise will be featured in a pre-release tournament days before the game is released to the public on November 6. More than 850 of the best players in MLG history will compete in teams of four.
· StarCraft ® II: Wings of Liberty ® on PC - $76,000 in prizes; $25,000 for 1 st Place: Hundreds of players from around the world will compete in Blizzard Entertainment’s intense real-time strategy game for the 1 st place prize of $25,000.
· League of Legends on PC - $30,000 in prizes: Eight teams including Team SoloMid, Azubu Blaze, Najin Sword and Curse Gaming will battle for 1 st place recognition in this invitational.
- Mortal Kombat on PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system – $16,700 in prizes: The popular fighting game will return to the Pro Circuit in Dallas as top players compete on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
· TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 - $15,000 in prizes: The recently released game will make its Pro Circuit tournament debut with the competition running Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3.
· PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™ on PS3 - $5,000 in prizes: All event attendees will have the exclusive opportunity to participate in a pre-release tournament for PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™ before the game is released on November 20 th. Free of charge, attendees can play and compete on open stations on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3. Top finishers will advance to a bracket on Sunday, November 4 for a chance at $5,000 in prizes.
Online Viewing in HD
For those not attending in person, the weekend competition will be broadcast LIVE online at www.majorleaguegaming.com/live beginning November 2 at 5pm CST. Fans can watch five streams in standard definition for free or upgrade to watch ad-free in HD and secure access to DVR.
Some of the most talented casters in the world of eSports will be commentating the tournament including:
· Halo 4: Halo Pro Kyle “Elamite Warrior” Elam, Andy “Bravo” Dudynsky, Nathan "Unbreakable" Mann, and Frank "U4ixx" Bowen.
· StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty: Day, Apollo, djWheat, TotalBiscuit, Mr Bitter, Axeltoss, Axslav, Clutch, and Adebisi (observer).
· League of Legends: Deman, Jatt, Phreak, MonteCristo and OptimusTom.
· PlayStation®3 (PS3™) Games – Mortal Kombat, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and PlayStation® All-Stars Battle Royale™: Eric 'Juicebox Abel' Albino, Bill "Tom Brady" Menoutis, and Reepal "RIP" Parbhoo.
The Fall Championship is the final event of the MLG 2012 Pro Circuit and the eighth time MLG has been in Dallas.
For more information:
Katie Goldberg - VP Communications and PR, Major League Gaming
P: 917-558-6462, firstname.lastname@example.org