Cambridge, Mass.– Aug. 25, 2010– Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game developer and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today confirmed the entire 83 song on-disc soundtrack for the highly anticipated Rock Band TM 3 music video game, including new tracks from Jimi Hendrix, Avenged Sevenfold, Paramore, The White Stripes, Jane's Addiction, Phish, Anthrax, The Cure, Bob Marley, Def Leppard, Ozzy Osbourne, Dire Straits, The Smiths, Foreigner, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors and many more. Rock Band 3 will be released Oct. 26 in North America and Oct. 29 in the rest of the world for the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation ® 3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii TM and Nintendo DS TM .
“The Rock Band 3 soundtrack represents the strongest, most diverse collection of music ever assembled for a video game,” said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games, music and programming for MTV Games.“The addition of keyboards and vocal harmonies to the Rock Band platform massively broadens the music selection available to our players. You haven’t sung Queen's epic "Bohemian Rhapsody" unless you’ve sung the harmony parts - and you can’t do that unless you have Rock Band 3.”
Without further ado, here is the entire, jaw-dropping Rock Band 3 setlist:
- <*>Amy Winehouse,“Rehab”*> <*>At the Drive-In,“One Armed Scissor”*> <*>Avenged Sevenfold,“The Beast&the Harlot”*> <*>Dover,“King George”*> <*>The Bronx,“False Alarm”*> <*>The Flaming Lips,“Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1”*> <*>HIM (His Infernal Majesty),“Killing Loneliness”*> <*>Hypernova,“Viva La Resistance”*> <*>Ida Maria,“Oh My God”**> <*>Juanes,“Me Enamora”*> <*>Metric,“Combat Baby”**> <*>Paramore,“Misery Business”**> <*>Phoenix,“Lasso”**> <*>Poni Hoax,“Antibodies”*> <*>Pretty Girls Make Graves,“Something Bigger, Something Brighter”*> <*>Queens of the Stone Age,“No One Knows”*> <*>The Ravonettes,“Last Dance”*> <*>Rilo Kiley,“Portions for Foxes”**> <*>Riverboat Gamblers,“Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead”*> <*>Slipknot,“Before I Forget”*> <*>The Sounds,“Living in America”*> <*>Tegan&Sara,“The Con”*> <*>Them Crooked Vultures,“Dead End Friends”*> <*>Tokio Hotel,“Humanoid”**> <*>The Vines,“Get Free”**> <*>The White Stripes,“The Hardest Button to Button”**>
- <*>Faith No More,“Midlife Crisis”**> <*>Filter,“Hey Man, Nice Shot”*> <*>Jane’s Addiction,“Been Caught Stealing”**> <*>Maná,“Oye Mi Amor”*> <*>Marilyn Manson,“The Beautiful People”*> <*>The Muffs,“Outer Space”*> <*>Phish,“Llama”*> <*>Primus,“Jerry Was a Racecar Driver”*> <*>Rammstein,“Du Hast”*> <*>Smash Mouth,“Walkin’ On The Sun”**> <*>Spacehog,“In the Meantime”*> <*>Stone Temple Pilots,“Plush”*> <*>Swingin’ Utters,“This Bastard’s Life”*>
- <*>Anthrax,“Caught in a Mosh”*> <*>Big Country,“In a Big Country”*> <*>The Cure,“Just Like Heaven”**> <*>Def Leppard,“Foolin’”*> <*>Devo,“Whip It”*> <*>Dio,“Rainbow in the Dark”*> <*>Dire Straits,“Walk of Life”*> <*>Echo&the Bunnymen,“The Killing Moon”*> <*>Huey Lewis and the News,“The Power of Love”*> <*>INXS,“Need You Tonight”**> <*>J. Geils Band,“Centerfold”*> <*>Joan Jett,“I Love Rock N’ Roll”**> <*>Night Ranger,“Sister Christian”**> <*>Ozzy Osbourne,“Crazy Train”**> <*>The Police,“Don’t Stand So Close to Me”*> <*>Roxette,“The Look”**> <*>The Smiths,“Stop Me if You Think You’ve Heard This One Before”*> <*>Tears for Fears,“Everybody Wants to Rule the World”*> <*>Whitesnake,“Here I Go Again”**>
- <*>The B-52’s,“Rock Lobster”**> <*>Blondie,“Heart of Glass”*> <*>Bob Marley,“Get Up, Stand Up”*> <*>Chicago,“25 or 6 to 4”*> <*>Deep Purple,“Smoke on the Water”*> <*>Doobie Brothers,“China Grove”**> <*>Elton John,“Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”*> <*>Foreigner,“Cold As Ice”**> <*>Golden Earring,“Radar Love”*> <*>John Lennon,“Imagine”*> <*>Lynyrd Skynyrd,“Free Bird”*> <*>Queen,“Bohemian Rhapsody”**> <*>Ramones,“I Wanna Be Sedated”*> <*>Steve Miller Band,“Fly Like an Eagle”*> <*>T. Rex,“20th Century Boy”*> <*>Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers,“I Need to Know”*> <*>War,“Low Rider”*> <*>Warren Zevon,“Werewolves of London”*> <*>Yes,“Roundabout”**>
- <*>Beach Boys,“Good Vibrations (Live)”*> <*>David Bowie,“Space Oddity”*> <*>The Doors,“Break on Through (To the Other Side)”**> <*>James Brown,“I Got You" (I Feel Good)– Alternate Studio Version*> <*>The Jimi Hendrix Experience,“Crosstown Traffic”**> <*>The Who,“I Can See for Miles”*>
*Songs available on Rock Band 3 for Nintendo DS
With more than 30 awards and nominations following its impressive E3 2010 debut, including multiple Best Music and Best Casual/Social Game accolades, Rock Band 3 features an incredible 83-song setlist and access to far more music than any other music game, as well as innovative new game play modes and instrument controllers. In addition to guitar, bass, drums and solo vocals, Rock Band 3 adds three-part vocal harmonies and introduces a keyboard peripheral to the band, allowing up to seven players to rock together for the ultimate social gaming experience.
Rock Band 3’s deep Career Mode takes the band on a journey to gain new levels of status while the environment around them changes from streets and subways to tour stops and venues. The game also features a streamlined experience, with easy drop-in and drop-out, easier no-fail accessibility and an all-new Party Shuffle. Rock Band 3 also introduces Rock Band Pro, bridging the world of gaming and real musicianship through a suite of new instrument controllers, trainers and game play options that open the door to real-world guitar, bass, keyboard and drum skills.
The Rock Band platform stands next to none in music content, with over 2,000 songs* from more than 400 artists scheduled to be available for purchase via game export and download by the launch of Rock Band 3. With more choices for fans than any other music-based videogame, Rock Band provides the best selection of interactive musical content, songs and artists. Rock Band pioneered offering content in a variety of ways, through on-disc game play, game export, downloadable content and the Rock Band Network. The Rock Band platform allows fans to interact with their favorite music in a unique and hands-on way, as well as giving artists the ability to reach fans through a whole new channel.
Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band TM and The Beatles TM : Rock Band TM peripherals, as well as most Guitar Hero ® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones. Pro Mode requires Rock Band Pro compatible instrument controllers. Mad Catz is the official, licensed peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band 3 game controllers. Rock Band Pro Guitar mode is compatible with the Rock Band 3 Fender TM Mustang TM PRO-Guitar TM Controller and the Rock Band 3 Squier ® by Fender Stratocaster ® Guitar Controller (manufactured and distributed by Fender).
*Available on-disc, via download and disc export. Internet connection and key purchase required. Wii has over 1,500 song tracks available for purchase on the Rock Band platform on-disc, via song import, and download. Not applicable to Nintendo DS.
For Rock Band 3 art and video assets, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press.
About MTV Networks
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 350 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Noggin, The N, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, Spike TV, TV Land, Atom, Gametrailers and Xfire.
About MTV Games
MTV Games is dedicated to creating, marketing and publishing high-quality, innovative interactive products that are relevant to the MTV audience and complement the core values of the MTV Networks brands.
About Harmonix Music Systems, Inc
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., based in Cambridge, MA, and established in 1995, is the leading developer of groundbreaking music-oriented videogames. Harmonix was founded by Alex Rigopulos and Eran Egozy, who formed the company to invent new ways for non-musicians to experience the unique joy that comes from making music and have pioneered music and rhythm gaming in the US. For more information please visit www.harmonixmusic.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA TM , EA SPORTS TM , EA Mobile TM and POGO TM . In fiscal 2010, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.7 billion and had 27 titles that sold more than one million units. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
© 2010 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, Rock Band Network and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc., a MTV Networks company. Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Network developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. MTV: Music Television, MTV Games and all related titles and logos are trademarks of MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. EA, EA SPORTS, EA Mobile and POGO are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Microsoft, Xbox. Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. "PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks are trademarks of Nintendo. Guitar Hero is a registered trademark of Activision. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For MTV Games/Harmonix:
(617) 491-6144 ext 111