August 8, 2013 (San Jose, Calif.) – WEBZEN, a global leader in next-generation free-to-play games, launches the highly anticipated Second Beta Celebration for MU REBIRTH: The Official PVP Server. Starting today, players will be able experience this new action-packed RPG without having to worry about their progress being wiped after beta ends. To celebrate the thrilling return of MU REBIRTH, WEBZEN also kicks off a series of free giveaways and special in-game events for players to enjoy during Second Beta. The Second Beta Celebration ends August 21 at 8am (Global Standard Time).
Second Beta for MU REBIRTH will be available to all players and does not require a beta key code for activation. Unlike the game’s closed beta test, all activity during the Second Beta Celebration (including character creation, leveling and item purchases) will be saved after the beta period has concluded. This provides all players with the opportunity to strengthen their characters in preparation for MU REBIRTH’s Massive Global PVP Tournament. Details on the game’s Open Beta will be announced shortly after the Second Beta Celebration ends on August 21.
MU Rebirth Giveaways
- Free In-Game Cash Giveaway – WEBZEN has teamed up with 37 MMO sites to offer players free in-game cash. During the beta period, gamers can visit WEBZEN’s partner sites to obtain free codes, which can be redeemed for 3000 cash points. These points can be used to purchase weapons, armor, enhancements and other items in MU REBIRTH.
- W Coin Giveaway – Players will be rewarded with W Coins just for being a part of MU REBIRTH’s Second Beta. All participants who log into the game will automatically receive 100 W Coins ©. For every 10 Rebirths, each player will receive an additional 100 W Coins (Players will be rewarded for up to 50 Rebirths, which can be redeemed for 500 W Coins). The Top 10 Rebirth Players will also be rewarded with 10,000 additional W Coins. (W Coins will be distributed on August 28 (GST) after maintenance. Please check WEBZEN.com for promotion regulations.)
MU Rebirth Events
- Epic Moment Event – WEBZEN wants to reward players for sharing their most epic moments while playing MU REBIRTH. Players who record themselves playing the game during Second Beta and upload their video to YouTube (or any other public video hosting site) will receive 500 W Coins (P). The Top 3 videos with the most views by a designated date will also earn additional prizes (1 st Place – 5,000 W Coins, 2 nd Place – 2,000 W Coins, 3 rd Place – 1,000 W Coins). (All participants must follow all of the requirements designated for this promotion in order to receive W Coins. Official rules and regulations will be posted on the MU Rebirth website).
- New Player Level Up Event – New players can earn free in-game cash for participating in the Second Beta Celebration for MU REBIRTH. All new players who have signed up for a WEBZEN account within the last year will be rewarded with up to 600 free cash points for leveling up their characters. (Offer only valid for new members who have created a WEBZEN account after August 30, 2012. Please visit the MU Rebirth website for details).
- Daily GM Events – WEBZEN has recruited GMs from all over the world to offer localized assistance to all MU REBIRTH players and host exciting in-game events on a daily basis. Players can win virtual prizes and currency by participating in special missions, team building exercises and fun events inspired by popular games like Hide and Seek, Word Scramble and Capture the Flag.
Want an early look at MU REBIRTH’s Second Beta Celebration? Check out the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFWQKdZuxIA
About MU REBIRTH
MU REBIRTH is a thrilling new adaptation of the highly acclaimed 3D MMORPG, MU ONLINE. While based on the classic gaming style of the original fantasy RPG, the game focuses heavily on PVP interaction and features three exciting new components: faster leveling (players can level up to 400 in just one to two hours), a new Rebirth option (players can to start their characters at Level 1 to accumulate points, while their stats remain the same) and a wide selection of free items that can be purchased with cash points obtained during gameplay. MU REBIRTH also offers daily events administrated by GMs that WEBZEN has recruited from all over the world. Localized service for servers in each country will ensure that all players will have the best gaming experience possible. Details can be found at http://murebirth.webzen.com/
WEBZEN would like to thank its media partners for hosting the Free In-Game Cash Giveaway for MU REBIRTH: 2P.com, Anjel Syndicate, AUS Gamers, Baixaki, Bio Gamer Girl, Brasil Gamer, Critical Index, Erc Gaming, F2P, Free MMO Station, Free MMORPG List, Game Items, Gaming Climax, Giochi MMO, Gratis MMORPG, Juega En Red, Lorehound, MMO Attack, MMO Bomb, MMO Dash, MMO Front, MMO Gratis, MMO Gratuit, MMO Hut, MMO Jogo, MMO Play, MMO Reviews, MMO Site, MMO Vault, MMOG Report, MMORPG Gratis, MPOGD, MU Online Fanz, On RPG, Portal CSI, Ragezone and Zona MMORPG.
About WEBZEN Inc.
Founded in Seoul, South Korea, in 2000, WEBZEN Inc. (KOSDAQ) is a leading global developer & publisher of online/mobile games. WEBZEN is continuing its tradition of pioneering the full 3D MMORPG MU Online with Archlord, Continent of the Ninth Seal (C9), Arctic Combat (aka BATTERY), the Metin series and an array of exciting game titles slated for release in the global game market.
WEBZEN has expanded its service to Europe, North and South America and other countries by operating gPotato portals which have over 23 million registered users. WEBZEN is currently working on the upcoming release of the MMORPG Archlord 2, MU 2, the mobile game MU The Genesis and many other games under development. Further information on WEBZEN and its games can be found at WEBZEN.com .