FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Vancouver, Canada — May 15, 2013 — After hours of tireless overtime, the Stratobots at Pixile have completed a huge new update for Stratosphere: Multiplayer Defense. On Thursday, May 16th, the game featured by Apple in more than 40 countries for its same-device iPad multiplayer will be dropping in price for the first time ever to celebrate the launch of a major new content update.
The Stratosphere monsters have been trained to say over 100 new phrases as they walk to their doom, three new arenas are ready for battle, and some crazy new modifiers and costumes are arriving in the Stash. The new Stratosphere will also allow players to challenge their friends through Game Center and make their friends post hilarious messages on Facebook or Twitter when they beat them with the redesigned #Stratobets system.
The new Stratosphere includes:
· 3 new levels, 3 new modifiers (‘Splosions, Randomizer and Circle of Life) and 3 new costumes (zombies, monocles and radioactive waste).
· 100 new phrases for the monsters to say.
· Game Center challenges.
· Smarter and more devious Stratobot AI with new ways to react to different play styles.
· Completely new #Stratobets system, making it far easier for friends to make social "bets" where the loser of a match has to tweet or post an embarrassing message of their opponent's choice.
· Reduced costs of items in the Stash so new content can be unlocked even faster.
· Improved balancing and bug fixes.
· Air kisses and hugs.
Even with all this newness the Stratobots still managed to reduce the amount of disk space the game takes up on an iPad. New players will be able to get the game and update on the App Store for the reduced price of $0.99 for a limited time and current players will be able to get the update for free.
"We were blown away by the community’s response to Stratosphere,” Pixile's co-founder Michael Silverwood said of the game’s launch, "so we want to reward our players with hours of new fun.”
“We began working on Stratosphere as a passion project during university when we realized that the iPad was the perfect device for boardgame-like multiplayer experiences. It has grown so much in two years, and this Thursday it’s taking another big step forward.”
Download the new Stratosphere May 16th on the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/stratosphere-multiplayer-defense/id590214853?mt=1
Additional media can be downloaded at: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1775075/PixilePressKit.zip.