LYON, FRANCE – 31 August 2012 – Today NAMCO BANDAI Partners S.A.S. and Atari announce that they will release RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D on Nintendo 3DS™ to the European and Australasian markets in October.
Developed by n-Space, RollerCoaster Tycoon®3D marks the return of one of the most popular game franchises and delivers an innovative and robust theme park simulator to the next generation of Tycoon fans.
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer’s original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. Now, 12 years later and over 11 million units sold, the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise makes its debuts to a portable handheld for the first time ever.
New features exclusively for Nintendo 3DS include:
- An entirely new gameplay mode called “Coaster Story”, which blends together tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content
- The first-person view for coaster rides fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS
- The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface
- Just like at a real theme park, take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends
- Gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS
· Invite your StreetPass™ Mii Plaza™ friends to your theme park
Official product website: http://rollercoastertycoon.com/
For more information on RollerCoaster Tycoon®3D, please also visit http://www.namcobandaigames.eu
Watch videos and trailers from NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/NamcoBandaiGamesEU