Slitherine is pleased to announce that Commander: Napoleon at War is now available for purchase from the company site www.slitherine.com and from North American distribution partner Matrix Games at www.matrixgames.com.
Publisher by Slitherine and developed by Firepower Entertainment and The Lordz Games Studio the game is set to re-define turn based strategy gaming in the Napoleonic era.
The game follows the success of Commander: Napoleon at War and is the second game in the Commander series. It is also the second release under the umbrella of the Kameleon Project, created to assist other independent developers to bring their games to market.
Main Game Features
• 8 campaigns including the Grand campaign and a number of small campaigns including France’s assault on Austria in 1805 up to the 100 days campaign ending at Waterloo in 1815.
• Take control of Napoleon's forces or the Allied Coalition who opposed him, including Britain, Prussia, Austria and Russia.
• Huge map covering all of Europe in amazing detail
• Research many new technologies and control the focus of your nations research.
• Dynamic weather system including mud, snow, storms and more
• Trade routes and pirate raids
• Fortresses and siege warfare
• 12 different units types including Militia, Line Infantry, Light&Heavy Cavalry, Foot&Horse Artillery, Frigates, Ships of the Line and Pirates and Privateers.
• Recruit historic commanders such as Ney, Blucher, Wellington&many more.
• Multiplayer via LAN, hot seat, PBEM and Internet
- Slitherine Software UK Ltd. is a privately funded and independent UK developer and publisher. It launched the Slitherine Strategies brand in 2002. Through this brand Slitherine is dedicated to bringing highly playable and approachable strategy games to the mass market. Slitherine Software is uniquely placed to deliver due to its experience within the industry and also the wider gaming community.
- The Kameleon Project is the brainchild of Slitherine Software, itself an independently funded developer. It has been created to assist other independent developers to bring their games to market. Slitherine supplies marketing and PR support, external production (music, sound effects, box art etc), game design, technical support, pro-forma documentation, sales and negotiating expertise and in fact anything needed to progress the development of the projects, allowing the development team to concentrate on what they do well, make great games.
For Press Enquiry, please contact : email@example.com
– Firepower Entertainment is a Swedish game development company, privately funded and founded in 2006. It has delivered its first product Commander: Europe at War in 2007 (jointly developed together with Slitherine Software, Doublethink Studios and under the Kameleon project) and is following up on its style of easy to learn but hard to master games. The games are meant to appeal not only to hardcore gamers but also be suiting for the more casual players.
– The Lordz Games Studio is a privately funded, independent game development studio based out of The Netherlands. Launched in 2006, The Lordz Games Studio, (LGS) is dedicated to developing cross-platform titles that are fun, highly playable and mirror our passion for military history.