EL SEGUNDO, Calif. – March 14 , 2013 – Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day, Netmarble is bringing fans all new content for two of its most popular games and kicking off a Netmarble Cash promotion. Uncharted Waters Online (UWO), the strategic massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for PC, is adding all-new cities to explore in historic Japan. At the same time, Netmarble’s first-person shooter District 187: Sin Streets (D187) introduces new in-game items and characters as players battle it out on the streets. Finally, starting March 13 and continuing through March 26, Netmarble is giving away Netmarble Cash (NC) to some very lucky players.
The Uncharted Waters Online Zipang update takes players on a quest to discover the truth about the legend of Golden Island, as described by Marco Polo. Players can immerse themselves in the history of 15 th century Japan as they sail the high seas. New content also includes:
- New Destinations to Explore – The Zipang update adds new ports and cities – Edo, Sakai and Nagasaki – providing players new opportunities for exploration and trade.
- Feel the Chill in Azuchi Castle – Players can step into Azuchi Castle to discover historic artifacts that will come in handy while exploring the Golden Island.
- Explore, Fight and Love – The Zipang update offers all new items (sake, soba, even a katana) and new ships promise to make adventures in the unknown seas more fruitful. Last but not least, the update improves the combat system and romantic relationships in the game to provide a deeper RPG experience.
Action fans should check their six in D187 and scope out the new content in the “Silence is Golden” update. Newly introduced features include:
- Silence is Golden, literally – The update introduces the AWM 300 sniper rifle and M4A1 assault rifle, both with and without silencers and blinged out in full gold-plate. Netmarble also adds two new cut-throat pistols and four deadly melee weapons to help survive the game’s fast-paced combat.
- The War Spills Over –The war between the gangs and S.W.A.T. team makes its way to a formerly tranquil part of the town, “Work Site.” Players should load out and prepare for a fight for their lives.
- New Characters and Costumes – The update adds two new characters: Besnik, a tattooed thug recruited by the gangs; and Baraz, a refugee of the civil war with a desire to restore peace in District 187. In addition, players can sport a new haircut, a police vest or sleek black slacks on the S.W.A.T team, and new short cornrows and urban-inspired gear on side of the gangs. The new characters and costumes will make any player an icon in the game and the envy of other players.
District 187: Sin Streets is set at a time after an economic collapse and during an intense power struggle between vigilante S.W.A.T. team members and gangs. D187 places players right in the heart of the action as both sides shed blood to take over the streets and fight to gain control of the city. Featuring its signature “Quick 187” turn, District 187 has something for everybody. Grab a gun and get into the action for free by visiting the game’s official website.
In addition to the game updates, Netmarble is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by providing a 20 percent bonus for all Netmarble Cash (NC) purchases starting March 13 and continuing through March 26 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. At the end of the event, Netmarble will select a few lucky winners to reward with even more bonus cash: One lucky winner will receive 100,000 NC, two people will receive 50,000 NC winners and 10 people will receive 10,000 NC.
Assets for D187 are available to press here: http://gamespress.com/product.asp?c=%2F%5D%28%2E%3C
Assets for UWO are available to press here:
Additional details for each game update can be found here:
The global online gaming portal hosts a number of massively multiplayer online games including District 187 and Uncharted Waters Online. Focused on releasing compelling online games for PC and mobile systems, Netmarble.com is a leader in the free-to-play industry and continues to expand with regular offerings of new games.
About CJ Games Global
Established in 2012, CJ Games Global is the U.S. subsidiary of CJ E&M Game Division. CJ E&M is Asia’s No.1 media and entertainment company, offering various media content and platforms, including motion pictures, broadcasting, music, performances and games. Supported by its development studios in Korea, CJ Games Global aims to publish online games for PC and mobile devices in North America, South America and Europe. The company services its players through its game portal, www.netmarble.com.
# # #