Haarlem, The Netherlands - 12 August 2013 – Having made quite a splash in the 4x strategy gaming genre over the past years, publisher Iceberg Interactive announces that they have struck a worldwide publishing deal for another interesting new 4x game for PC: Star Lords . The game is being developed by new Portuguese developer Arkavi Studios and has been on the fan radar for quite a while, with Iceberg now jumping in to add their scala of publishing services to lift the game to another level. Iceberg intends to release the game both in retail and as digital download during the 4th quarter of 2013, with final decisions to be made as the game’s development nears its completion.
Mike Domingues, CEO of Arkavi Studios says, " Star Lords aims to raise the bar in the 4x genre while pleasing to old school fans and newcomers alike and we are very happy to have found a great partner in Iceberg Interactive. Not only we can count on their experience and know how to help further elevate the quality of the game, we know they love 4x titles as much as we do, as proven by their work on previous titles in the genre."
Star Lords is a tactical turn-based space strategy game and will include online multiplayer, 8 major races in an epic-sized complex universe and some renewing twists to the 4x genre. A screenshot pack accompanies this announcement, showing some recent revamped ingame images. Download the full pack here: http://www.iceberg-games.com/games/StarLords/Star_Lords_Screenshots.rar.
Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive says, " The deal was actually signed a while ago, but we held back on this announcement while Arkavi was making a lot of improvements behind closed doors before we were willing to reveal it. We are very excited to bring 4x gamers this splendid newborn later this year after we have helped it come to fruition.”
For more information about Star Lords, please visit the official website http://starlords-game.com
About Star Lords
Star Lords is an epic-sized complex and dense 4X strategy game for the PC, set in space where you take the command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in the galaxy. As the leader of your empire you are to deal with exploring the stars, colonizing new worlds, manage your empire and conquer whoever dares to oppose.
• 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
• Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
• Deep economical and political layer: War isn't the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
• Tactical Turn based combat
• Create and customize your own ship designs
• Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
• Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
• Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
• Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire. Beware of spies and whistle-blowers though; your plot might be uncovered before you put it in action and the consequences can be dire.
• Domestic Policies: Rule your empire as you wish. Turning it into a dystopia, a utopia or something in between, it's up to you.
• Human-like AI that doesn't cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
• Modding Support.
• Lan, hot seat and Online multiplayer with matchmaking.
About Arkavi Studios
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
About Iceberg Interactive
While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.