MEDIA ALERT - May 7, 2010
This week Jet Set Games released new character art and information for it's upcoming strategy game for the iPhone and iPad, Highborn, via the company's official Facebook Fan Page (Facebook.com/JetSetGames). In addition, the company issued a new developer diary on the state of strategy gaming on the iPhone.
Below is a recap of the new releases.
New Developer Diary - The State of Strategy Gaming on the iPhone:
Jet Set Games' Vice President of Design, Adam Isgreen, discusses the development of Highborn for the iPhone, and how the company shunned it's real-time roots to make the game work for the platform.
Excerpt: "RTS is a genre that gets faster and more click-intensive with every new entry that comes along. They cater to interacting with a lot of units, scrolling, and being everywhere at once... and that’s not what the iPhone wants to do. The screen real-estate is limited on device, making RTS-style UI a concern. Dedicated buttons may help, but are nowhere to be found. Classic RTS conventions like band-boxing and scrolling would cover most of the screen when used, blocking your view of the action. Touching and ordering units would also obscure the action. In total, it’s just not what the iPhone wants."
Read the full developer diary on the Jet Set Games' Facebook Fan Page: http://bit.ly/9R7CAv
Say "Hey Baby" to Vincenzo Barbagelata - Highborn Magic Man
In recent weeks, Jet Set Games has revealed several of the main characters in Highborn. This week's edition focuses on the Mage with the Most, Enzo!
Excerpt: "Vincenzo Barbagelata (pronounced "Hey baby, call me Enzo!") has lived the fast life and lived it hard. Much like a certain hotel heiress, no one’s really sure what he did to become as awesome as he is, but the comic books, action figures, and bed sheets with matching curtains are still selling like hotcakes."
Read more about Enzo's rise, fall and, well...re-rise on Jet Set Games' Facebook Fan Page: http://bit.ly/bgVIq7
New Screenshots and Character Art:
Enzo's every bit the flamboyant character you picture him to be. Check out his designer duds and pointy cap in the new character art and screenshots on Jet Set Games' Flickr Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames.
Highborn is an upcoming strategy game for the iPhone that features casual, round-based gaming. It’s the perfect design for mobile gaming, or for anyone looking for a strategy game that offers an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS.
Highborn is developed by Jet Set Games, including a team of industry veterans, many of who created the original Command&Conquer products, including Westwood Studios Co-Founder Brett W. Sperry. It will be available in Apple’s iTunes App Store for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch this spring.
• A Light Touch– Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
• Time for a New Strategy– Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
• Multiplay at Your Pace– Round-based gaming enables players to think then act when playing one-on-one against their friends, and allows them to have multiple games going at once.
• Face Your Facebook Friends– Players can challenge their friends to a match, or brag about their achievements in their news feed.
• Many Styles of Play– Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
• Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
• Flickr Asset Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
• Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
• Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
• Facebook Fan Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
• Conversations on Twitter: #JetSetGames, #Highborn
• Technorati Tags: iPhone, iPad, games, social
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. and its subsidiary, Jet Set Apps™, develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans, Brett Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic and Adam Isgreen and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games, Jet Set Apps and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.