Bracknell, UK – 27th March 2013 – One of the unique features of DARK , the upcoming vampire stealth-action title from Kalypso Media, is Eric Bane’s use of his newly acquired vampire abilities. You, as Eric, will make use of a slew of incredible powers to slip around enemies, kill from a distance, and pull off stunning finishing moves when DARK ships on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC this June.
In today’s new trailer from Kalypso, you get to see first-hand some of the Inherent skills such as the ‘Shadow Leap’ where Eric transports himself in a cloud of smoke undetected across short distances and ‘Auspex’, a vampiric night vision that picks out enemies by the blood pumping round their bodies. The trailer also showcases some of the darker skills such as the stealthy ‘Shadow Kill’, the deadly ‘Shadow Grip’ and ‘Domination’, a form of vampire mind control.
Download the new DARK gameplay trailer here to get a closer look at the awesome vampire powers that await your control.
View it Streaming here
DARK is a stealth action game with RPG elements that lets you slip into the role of the ultimate killer… a vampire. Stalk your enemies from the shadows then use powerful vampire abilities to attack and silently dispose of them! The exciting story of DARK immerses you in a world full of blood and darkness in which the hunter can become the hunted at any time. As you unravel the mystery behind the omnipresent and powerful global conglomerate, Geoforge, you must continually improve your character by developing powerful skills to aid you in remaining unobserved, or silence those unfortunate enough to take too keen an interest in you.
Features of DARK:
- Stealth and action combine as players walk the world in darkness and silence, attacking their unsuspecting foes with supernatural fury
- Use powerful vampire abilities and hard-hitting melee attacks to defeat dangerous enemies -- turn into a puff of smoke and disappear, or close in on your foes in an instant!
- Powerful and intelligently controlled AI enemies mix the fantastic with the real-world. Battle police and elite special forces along with ghouls and other vampires
- Castles, museums, skyscrapers, nightclubs and more are rendered in stunning 3D graphic novel style graphics, beckoning the player to explore -- but beware, powerful enemies hide everywhere
- RPG element mix with a compelling story – players will build up their skills through successful evasion and combat, while advancing the story through conversations with NPCs
For more information please contact:
Head of Marketing and PR, Kalypso Media UK
Marketing and PR Manager, Kalypso Media UK
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @KalypsoMediaUK
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, Dungeons and Omerta City of Gangsters. Upcoming multi-platform titles include, DARK and The Dark Eye - Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http :// www . kalypsomedia . com .
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.