MEDIA ALERT - April 23, 2010
Recently, Jet Set Games released new information about it's upcoming social strategy game for the iPhone, Highborn, via the company's official Facebook Fan Page (Facebook.com/JetSetGames). Two new developer diaries with details on combat and the story of Highborn, along with new character information and several new screenshots are now available.
Below is a recap of the new information.
Two New Developer Diaries - Combat and Story:
Two diaries, both penned by Senior Game Designer, Joseph Hewitt, reveal additional details about the gameplay of Highborn.
The first, "Gentlemen, This is About Combat," details how the two different types of strategy games in Highborn (map mode and combat mode) work together: http://bit.ly/dknMv6
Excerpt: "In most games of this type, you tell your unit to attack an enemy and all you see is the damage numbers popping off the two units or maybe a little cut scene of them shooting at each other. It's not very exciting or interactive and, quite frankly, it’s pretty predictable. With Highborn, we wanted to give you a little more control over the combat so it isn’t always based purely on the stats of your units."
The second, "Humor, Story and Breaking Through the Third Wall," discusses the development process of creating the weird, wacky and often irreverent fiction of Highborn: http://bit.ly/bbIq5o
Excerpt: "Being a bunch of hardcore, real-time strategy veterans, we are used to our games having lots of intricate workings, tech trees, and other complicated stuff. But for the iPhone, we wanted a game you could just pull out of your pocket, jump right into, have some quick fun, and then put away when the jury came back with the verdict. This 'not serious' mindset started to seep into the writing as well."
Meet Trillian, Highborn Rogue with a Heart of Gold:
Recently, Jet Set Games revealed Archie, leader of the Highborn, and Floyd, head of the Decay. This week, it revealed Trillian, a lady with a shady past who now fights for the Highborn.
Excerpt: "Trillian grew up as Lady Winifred Wilhelmina du Waverly, daughter of the Baron and Baroness of Bloomingtonfeld. Yeah, we’d never heard of it either. Lady Winnie Willie didn’t much care for a life of latent luxury, so she dyed her hair black and started calling herself Trillian (just‘cause it sounded badass)."
Read more about how Trillian became one of the good guys (and a rather effective Rogue) on the Facebook Fan Page: http://bit.ly/ajwFgc
New Screenshots and Character Art:
No female Rogue would be complete without a skimpy costume. Check out her character art, along with new screenshots of her tip-toeing around the map on our Flickr Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
Highborn is the first social strategy game for the iPhone that features casual, round-based gaming. It’s the perfect design for mobile gaming, or for anyone looking for a strategy game that offers an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS.
Highborn is developed by Jet Set Games, including a team of industry veterans, many of who created the original Command&Conquer products, including Westwood Studios Co-Founder Brett W. Sperry. It will be available in Apple’s iTunes App Store for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch this spring.
• A Light Touch– Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
• Time for a New Strategy– Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
• Multiplay at Your Pace– Round-based gaming enables players to think then act when playing one-on-one against their friends, and allows them to have multiple games going at once.
• Face Your Facebook Friends– Players can challenge their friends to a match, or brag about their achievements in their news feed.
• Many Styles of Play– Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
• Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
• Flickr Asset Pool: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
• Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
• Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
• Facebook Fan Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
• Conversations on Twitter: #JetSetGames, #Highborn
• Technorati Tags: iPhone, iPad, games, social
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. and its subsidiary, Jet Set Apps™, develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans, Brett Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic and Adam Isgreen and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games, Jet Set Apps and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.