NEW YORK– February 1, 2010– Today, Paradox Interactive has released brand new footage from the Paradox Interactive Convention, as well as additional assets, including a teaser trailer, for the upcoming grand strategy game, Victoria 2.
Watch as Johan Andersson, Producer at Paradox Interactive, takes viewers through the title which calls upon players to guide their chosen nation from the era of absolute monarchies in the early 19th century through expansion and colonization, ultimately becoming a great power by the dawn of the 20th century.
"Victoria 2 is an economical game in its core," says Johan, when stressing the title's large focus on simulating the economy and political landscape during an era which featured the largest free market in the world. For fans of Paradox's war strategy titles, Johan adds, "...there is of course, still war."
Victoria 2 is scheduled for a Q3 2010 release.
The interview and teaser trailer are available for viewing here: www.youtube.com/paradoxplaza
For more info, follow Victoria 2 on Facebook and on Twitter and www.paradoxplaza.com
Victoria 2 Main Features:
• Deep, engrossing political simulation with dozens of government types
• Detailed economy with over 50 different types of goods and various production factories
• Over 200 different playable countries, from 1835 to the onset of WWII and with the possibility to export a saved game at the end of the game into Hearts of Iron 3
• Advanced technological system with thousands of inventions to discover
• Advanced spheres of influence system, where the great powers battle over the control of the world
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.