PLANO, Texas – February 22, 2012 – Robot Entertainment has announced that a huge new update is available for their critically acclaimed asynchronous mobile tactics game, Hero Academy . The update brings with it the third team to be added to the Hero Academy roster, the crafty Dwarves. Handy with gunpowder, the dwarves excel at inflicting explosive damage to crystals and any enemy units caught in their blast radius.
The release of the new heroic team is accompanied by dwarf avatar packs as well as a dwarf-inspired playing field that features a new crystal layout and exciting new Teleporter premium squares. Game Center is also coming to Hero Academy with support for achievements and leaderboards! The update is available right now via the App Store. The Dwarves can be unlocked from the “Customize” area of the Hero Academy App for $1.99. To celebrate the release of the update, the Dark Elves team will be on sale for $0.99 for a limited time.
For more details about new content and bug fixes in the update, check out the Robot Blog:
The dwarves hail from distant fortresses of stone, seeking wealth and glory through victory at the Hero Academy. Dwarves are extremely crafty and gain improved bonuses from the playfield's premium squares. They are masters of area attacks.
• Paladin – The Paladin is a devout holy warrior who can heal and revive allies, healing herself in the process.
• Gunner – Ever the sporting gentleman, the Gunner is a shooter who deals high damage to a nearby enemy and does area-of-effect damage at range.
• Grenadier – Cranky and scarred, the Grenadier can lob bombs over enemies for area-of-effect damage.
• Engineer – With her handy tools, the Engineer can shield a single ally or crystal. She also gets a higher bonus from premium squares.
• Annihilator – Wielding his shoulder-mounted rocket launcher, the Annihilator deals heavy damage with area-of-effect knockbacks. Direct hits weaken his enemies’ physical defenses.
Hero Academy is a mobile asynchronous multiplayer tactics game from Robot Entertainment. Featuring humorous fantasy visuals, Hero academy is a mix of classic strategy and fast-paced casual gaming and has something for every player. For more information about Hero Academy, please visit http://www.HeroAcademyApp.com .
# # #
NOTE to Editors: Assets are available at: press.robotentertainment.com