02 December 2009 --- Battlefront.com and Atomicgamer have just released a new updated demo of the new innovative global domination strategy game Empires of Steel!
There are however a number of limitations in this beta demo compared to the upcoming full release:
- you can only play on two maps - the tutorial map (solo) as well as a special demo map (solo and multiplayer, internet and LAN). There are no game length or play time restrictions per session.
- you can open and use the full-featured map editor but you cannot load nor save any maps
- you can open and browse the online file exchange service to look for mods, maps, unit rulesets and other user created content, but cannot actually download nor use any of it
- you can in fact use the in-game auto-update function to download the latest beta demo upgrades that we will release over the course of the next weeks as various bug reports from the open beta come in. Check for updates often! However, this updater willnot allow you to download full game upgrades.
- the beta demo will expire automatically after 180 days.
Click here to try out the demo now = http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=240&Itemid=372 www.battlefront.com/eos www.battlefront.com/demos