19th April 2012: Distinctive Games, developer of Football Kicks and Rugby Nations, unveil the latest chapter of their in-house sports games portfolio with the release of Downhill Xtreme, launching on iOS today. As the App Store’s first longboarding title, Downhill Xtreme is a free-to-play game featuring gorgeous 3D graphics, pinpoint accelerometer controls, player customisation, offline and online racing and an awesome soundtrack from up-and-coming artists.
Longboard racing is an increasingly-popular extreme sport, described as a cross between skateboarding and snowboarding. Downhill Xtreme has been designed to capture the speed thrills of the sport, as well as its music and culture, as you travel to exotic locations and progress from amateur to pro, all while racing against your friends and other top-rated riders across the globe.
Downhill Xtreme features:
- Free-to-play game for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The new iPad is supported at full iPad retina screen resolution
- Lush 3D graphics with special lighting effects and precise tilt controls
- Huge number of unlockable tracks in locations around the world including the USA, France and Chile
- Earn XP and gold coins (or purchase in-game) to unlock better boards, equipment, tracks and customisable character options
- Offline and online racing, plus special “Outlaw” events that are available only for a limited time
- Killer soundtrack featuring brand new, previously unreleased tracks as well as tunes from artists including We Outspoken, Kidd Russell and The Clench
- Custom collection of boards from basic models to high performance, designer boards - plus a wide selection of wheels for improved acceleration and drift
- Real-time newsfeeds, Facebook connectivity and Game Center integration
Watch the Downhill Xtreme trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIhGQCsp6k4
For more information on Downhill Xtreme follow Distinctive Games on Twitter: @distinctivegame
+44 (0)7776 121 605
Since 2001, Distinctive Developments has been developing award-winning mobile titles for all major gaming publishers, such as Electronic Arts (EA), SEGA, Eidos (Square Enix) and PopCap. Distinctive has worked on a number of high profile gaming brands, including the FIFA franchise (since 2002), Sonic the Hedgehog, Tomb Raider Underworld as well as many well-known consumer brands looking to build or revamp their mobile identities.
Alongside developing games for publishing and marketing partners, Distinctive has been releasing its own suite of successful mobile titles, including Hockey Nations, the Rugby Nations franchise, Bonecruncher Soccer, Dead Runner, Football Kicks and My Army. In the past 12 months in addition to acquiring over 10m new gamers, Distinctive Games has been receiving positive exposure also outside the traditional gaming media, such as appearing as in-store and exhibition demos as well as in a major TV advert showed to over 100 million viewers. In February 2011, The Sunday Times nominated Hockey Nations 2010 as one of the best sports apps in the World.
More about Distinctive Developments Ltd can be found at www.distinctivegames.com