Hold on to your jetpacks! Halfbrick today announced that the biggest content update for its hit iOS sensation, Jetpack Joyride, is now live on the App Store. Join Barry as he collects all-new gadgets, coins and operates outlandish vehicles while evading capture to escape a maximum-security laboratory using the world's most awesome and ridiculous jetpacks.
The highly anticipated new update, version 1.3, includes 15 game-changing gadgets. With more than 100 potential combinations, players can mix and match any two gadgets to suit their game and goals. The complete list of gadgets includes:
Sector 1: Research and Development
- Air Barrys (3,500 Coins) - Leap gracefully over obstacles with these designer sneakers.
- Nerd Repellent (2,000 Coins) - The patent-pending formula is so potent that the whole laboratory had to be abandoned.
- Insta-Ball (2000 Coins) - Bounce off the floor instead of going splat. Great for traveling a few extra meters.
Sector 2: Fringe Science
- Gravity Belt (5,000 Coins) - Make the ground come at you a lot faster than usual. Be sure to bend your knees when you land.
- Missile Jammer (5000 Coins) - Replaces the missile guidance program with pictures of kittens downloaded from the internet. Only works if the kittens are particularly cute.
- Token Gift (5000 Coins) - What do you give someone who has everything? A free final spin token, of course!
Sector 3: Pseudoscience Action Group
- Freeze-O-Matic (3,000 Coins) - There's no better way to cool down after a hard run than being snap-frozen in a solid block of ice. It also helps you slide a few extra meters.
- X-Ray Specs (4500 Coins) - This high-tech eye wear is both fashionable and functional. Now you can look inside vehicle pickups and other places you're not supposed to see.
- Gemology (6,500 Coins) - A special Blingification technique that converts coins into high-value Gems. For some reason it only works on coins minted in 1985.
Sector 4: Futureologist Lounge
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles (5,500 Coins) - If you're going to play a game of chicken with a missile, make sure it's an Ezy-Dodge!
- Magnetic Tokens (4,500 Coins) - Every token is fitted with a super-strong magnet. They are easier to collect, but will probably wipe your credit card.
- Flying Pig (6000 Coins) - This highly unstable coin transporter was designed by a scientist with a particular fondness for physical comedy.
Sector 5: Testing Zone
- Free Ride (5,000 Coins) - Stop off at the motor pool before smashing through the laboratory wall. Why didn't Barry think of this earlier?
- Coin Magnet (6,000 Coins) - Once you get used to the feeling of being endlessly pelted with coins you will start to wonder how you ever lived without it.
- Lucky Last (5500 Coins) - Your final spin token is forged from fortunium, the world's luckiest element.
All new gadgets will be available for purchase in the Stash menu upon download. So what are you waiting for? Team up with Mr. Steakfries now by downloading Jetpack Joyride for free on the App Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/app/jetpack-joyride/id457446957?mt=8.
For press assets, game logo and screenshots, visit: