Bracknell, UK – 3rd July 2013 - Today we are pleased to release a new collection of assets from Air Conflicts: Vietnam , the upcoming Vietnam-war era air-combat title. In the new asset pack, you’ll find not only new images from the arcade dogfighting title coming for console and PC, but also the first of the “War Journals” of the game’s protagonist, Joe Thompson.
Vietnam. 1965. A long-simmering conflict escalates into a full-fledged war, and you are about to become a big part of it
Jump into the cockpit of some of the finest combat aircraft as young Joe Thompson, a newly minted U.S. Air Force pilot. He is brave, talented and ready to do his duty, but his experiences during this war will change him forever.
Air Conflicts: Vietnam is an arcade-styled air-combat game that immerses players in the harrowing skies over Vietnam. Take to the air in screaming fighter jets or grab the controls of devastating helicopter gunships as you shatter enemy encampments with explosive ordinance, decimate North Vietnamese ace fighter squadrons, escort bombers as they deliver their deadly payload, or rescue stranded soldiers and deliver support troops to the ever-changing front lines of the vicious battlefield.
Key Features for Air Conflicts: Vietnam
- Live a thrilling wartime narrative. In an epic single-player campaign, filled with heroic moments and the darker side of war, your performance in air combat and support missions drives the story from the initial escalation of tension, through key battles of the Vietnam War and, ultimately, the fall of Saigon.
- Jump into the cockpit for instant action. Pilot and customise more than 20 planes and – for the first time in the Air Conflict series – helicopters, including the workhorse UH-1 “Huey” Iroquois, fire-breathing AH-1 Cobra attack gunships, the devastating F4 Phantom and F104 Starfighter jets, plus fearsome enemy MIG fighter jets.
- Lead your squadron to victory. Command up to four jets or helicopters, maximising their unique abilities to complete challenging objectives, while earning experience, levelling up and improving your leadership and air combat skills.
- Challenge your friends for air supremacy. Play up to eight online opponents in nail-biting, fast paced capture-the-flag, deathmatch and team deathmatch air battles.
- Get your groove on. As you test your pilot skills against AI or human opponents, treat your ears to a cool rock soundtrack in the style of vintage Vietnam-era tunes.
For more information please contact:
Head of Marketing and PR, Kalypso Media UK
Marketing and PR Manager, Kalypso Media UK
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter @KalypsoMediaUK
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Omerta – City of Gangsters, Port Royale 3, Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include DARK and The Dark Eye – Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com
About bitComposer Games
bitComposer Entertainment AG publishes all its retail products for PC, console and handheld platforms under the label bitComposer Games. bitComposer Entertainment AG is based in Eschborn, Germany, and is an independent publisher of PC and computer games. The company focuses on the international commercialization of entertainment products for the classic PC, console and handheld platforms, while its subsidiary, bitComposer Online GmbH, has been set up to specialize in the rapidly growing online games market. bitComposer Entertainment AG works with experienced development teams and service providers worldwide to develop in-house projects, licensed titles and commissioned productions. For more information on bitComposer, please visit: www.bitComposer.com