Wednesday, 09 April 2008
Hubert Cater's new masterpiece is nearing completion! Today we're thrilled to release 18 brand new screenshots from the pre-release version of SC:PDE showing all new interface art and a number of the exciting new features that this expansion is going to offer! Check out the enlarged world-map, the new unit graphics and much more...
We are also happy to announce that an additional new what-if campaign will be included in the shipping version:
*New bonus alternate WWII campaign:
1939 Storm of Steel - Having recently annexed Austria, Germany turned its sights on the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia. Will Poland be next? Will Great Britain and France sit idly by? What will Stalin do? Can Hitler be appeased or is WWII inevitable? Control the start of WWII by building up the German army and invading the country of your choice.
Brand new Patton Drives East interface screenshots
Today we're offering a set of 18 brand-new screenshots from the pre-release version of Strategic Command: Patton Drives East, showing the all new interface art created by Fernando and a number of the exciting new features that this expansion is going to offer! Check out the enlarged world-map, the new unit graphics and much more...
Strategic Command 2 Patton Drives East!
Battlefront.com and Fury Software are thrilled to announce the second Expansion Pack for "Strategic Command 2: Blitzkrieg" titled "Patton Drives East".
"Patton Drives East" allows players to explore the historically possible what ifs of WWII such as:
• What if the Western Allies and the Soviet Union went to war after defeating the Axis?
• Could America liberate a Europe subjugated by the Axis?
• What if the Western Allies had accepted a surrender from Germany and together they would fight against the USSR?
This expansion incorporates a list of new features including:
• a new and bigger map, now 172x46 tiles,
• a much larger North America stretching from Florida and the Gulf of Mexico all the way to the Rocky Mountains,
• enhanced and unpredictable AI via new decision events and global variables,
• new unit graphics to reflect equipment that would become available post WWII,
• and much, much more...
"Patton Drives East" is scheduled to be completed this summer, 2008, and will be released, as usual, for download and/or mail-order only at www.battlefront.com. The exact release date as well as pricing are stil l to be announced.
Strategic Command 2 Patton Drives East will require the original Battlefront.com version of Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg to be installed and licensed on your computer in order to run!
Patton Drives East Campaigns
- <*>1944 Shattered Alliance - Germany surrenders to the Western Allies following the debacle of the Battle of the Bulge and together, under the leadership of General George S. Patton, they turn their focus on the USSR in order to wipe Communism from the face of Europe forever.*> <*>1945 Patton Drives East - Following the surrender of Germany, Patton is given the green light to lead the Western Alliance in an attack on the USSR and push the Communists back across the Oder and all the way to the gates of Moscow.*> <*>1945 Stalin Drives West - With the defeat of the Axis powers Communist Russia and the We stern Allies go to war against each other. Allied forces in Europe must starve off conquest by Russia until American reinforcements arrive from across the Atlantic.*> <*>1947 Russians Are Coming - Following the end of WWII and after much demobilization of its armed forces in Europe, the United States and its Western Allies were shocked by a sneak attack from the Soviets that saw it overrun the Western occupation zones, conquer Belgium and reach the coasts of France within 2 weeks. The UK isle stands alone and is all that separates the USA from a full scale invasion of American shores.*> <*>1948 Berlin Crisis - Having failed to successfully blockade Berlin Stalin was not about to let the Western Allies control what had been paid for in Russian blood. If the Americans and their Capitalist partners thought they could keep the Communist Partyfrom dominating all of Europe, they were wrong.*>
Bonus Alternate WWII History Campaigns
- <*>1941 Seelowe - Having swept the English Channel of mines and successfully dealing a series of critical blows to the Royal Navy as well as the RAF, German military planners put to work their original plan for the invasion of England. Can the remnants of the Royal Armed Forces stop the German war machine or will there be goose stepping in London before the year is out?*> <*>1943 Sledgehammer - The Western Allies, having forgone reinforcement in North Africa and canceling Operation Torch, are prepared to launch D-Day a year earlier than planned but with the intention of capturing a major port, either Cherbourg or Brest, from the outset. Is it a port too far?*> <*>1946 Case Neptune - After Germany had performed a successful Sealion in '41 and subsequently forced Russia to the bargaining table in ' 44, the United States and the remnants of the Royal Navy and British Expeditionary Forces launch a bold invasion to retake the British Isles.*>
On the Eastern front the Soviets break their armistice with Germany and attack from the Urals in hopes of reversing their earlier humiliation on the battlefield.
* 1939 Storm of Steel - Having recently annexed Austria, Germany turned its sights on the Sudetenland and Czechoslovakia. Will Poland be next? Will Great Britain and France sit idly by? What will Stalin do? Can Hitler be appeased or is WWII inevitable? Control the start of WWII by building up the German army and invading the country of your choice.