Prague, Czech Republic, January 19th, 2012 – Keen Software House announces new Miner Wars 2081 build with updated and added features to their last Major Editor Update and summarizes successes with MMO pre-sales over the last week.
A bunch of new features and improvements made to the last major editor update, (provided with the latest free demo of Miner Wars), has arrived today! See below for a comprehensive list of added functionality and improvements. Please be aware the current Test Build is available now, but only for our paying customers; the new public demo is coming in a few weeks!
- A Solar System Map allows for easier long-distance travels – The Miner Wars universe now consists of real sectors and places. This is part of the first phase of populating Miner Wars universe. We still need to procedurally generate space stations, enemies, etc., but at least you won’t be so alone there!
- Press the HOME key to access the solar system map for traveling longer distances, or just fly into the sector boundaries to travel from sector to sector, (be careful, you will run out of oxygen and fuel!).
- Ore detector, (radar upgrade for detection of various ores and minerals).
- Improved Auto-Updater for faster downloads, enhanced data compression.
- Editor – Improved snap points (perspective, resizing, selection of multiple prefabs)
- Editor – Place AI spawn-points and way-points, fight your bots, or make them fight each other, (by placing spawn-points of different factions close to each other).
- Added several basic functions to foundation factory (a special prefab that servers as the core of your base and allows you to create other prefabs from mined resources).
- Journal Screen / Quest-Log (overview of guests, global events like political issues, etc.)
- New 3D models for building prefabs: temple, hospital, church, recycler, hydroponic farm, and biological facility.
- Minor 3D rendering improvements, increased scene brightness and added glare for light sources
- Continued optimizations to game engine efficiency.
We were pleasantly surprised with the success of the Miner Wars MMO pre-orders in the last week. Consumer interest in the Miner Wars MMO has been really spectacular, while the launching of MMO pre-orders also increased the sales of our single-player / coop, Miner Wars 2081! Thanks to everyone for all the support, massive feedback on our forums and emails, and unprecedented participation on our website!
Scheduled release for Miner Wars MMO: Q4 2012 (Beta)
Access to the MMO pre-alpha will “most likely” be given to our loyal customers in Q2-Q3/2012.
How does the MMO purchase model work?
You buy the MMO once like any ordinary game. There are no subscription fees and you receive all fixes and updates for free. We guarantee that the game will be hosted on our servers for at least two years from the day of release.
You can still pre-order the Miner Wars MMO at our official website store for a special discounted rate of 19.99 USD:
Official website: www.minerwars.com
ABOUT MINER WARS
Miner Wars is a 6DOF interior and space shooter franchise played in a fully destructible environment, currently comprised of two games: Miner Wars 2081 and Miner Wars MMO..
Miner Wars 2081 features single player, co-op, and standard multi-player modes.
Miner Wars MMO is a massive multiplayer online game situated in the same game universe.
As a player, you operate an advanced mining ship in an open world asteroid belt area. You dig kilometers of tunnels, harvest the ore, travel the solar system, fight your enemies and discover mysterious alien secrets. Game-play is led by an epic story and is a combination of a single/multi-player game, cooperative, or you against everyone.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
Miner Wars 2081 - Q2 2012
Miner Wars MMO – Q4 2012
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games. We are passionate gamers who love developing games and we want to make games that people like to play.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
Game page: http://www.MinerWars.com/
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to preview the Miner Wars game)
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company web-site: http://www.KeenSWH.com/