Haarlem, The Netherlands– December 21, 2007– Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive and developer Vertex4 today released a new update for SunAge, the isometric sci-fi real-time strategy game for PC CD-ROM. Update 1.06 adds several new enhancements and features, as requested by the growing SunAge community. This new update will upgrade the game to version 1.06 and is intended for the UK and Italian retail box versions of the game. SunAge will begin shipping to retail stores across Canada and the U.S. in January 2008, and will include all updates. SunAge is the modern day answer for RTS fans who want the best possible overview of their troops, while trying to outsmart opponents in frantic battles where strategy and tactics are more important than ever. If you are a fan of real-time strategy games, this is the game for you.
Roman Pfneudl, CEO Vertex4 said,“After SunAge was shipped across Europe last month, we received a lot of constructive feedback from our rapidly growing community. We support our game 100% and welcome feedback from the players. We owe the community a special thanks for their enthusiasm. Their comments, suggestions and reports have been very useful throughout the development of this update and although it’s impossible to include all personal requests, we still managed to squeeze in quite a few.”
Update 1.06 includes:
• Added difficulty settings for single player campaign mode
• Improved formation dragging features
• New handling for Bomber units
• Port change and various optimisations for multiplayer
• Several path finding issues solved
• Added 3rd Mouse-handling style (alternative RMB mode)
• Added instant squad reaction for giving commands
• Optimized alternative modes for several units (Skimmer, Golgotha, Liberator)
• Improved“boxing” of units
• Added support for laptops with“SpeedStep” technology
The complete list of new features included in the update 1.6are available at the Lighthouse Interactive forums as well as on www.sunage-the-game.com.
To download Update 1.06 (file size: 5 MB), visit:
Earth is a desolate wasteland destroyed by the radiation and heat of the sun. Humankind, known as the Dome Confederacy, have been forced to retreat into shielded cities enduring constant attacks by the Raak-zun cult; a sect of religious outcasts who live outside the dome. An age long war has ensued as both races battle for the limited resources of the dying planet. Amidst the havoc, the gateway to a bold new planet is unlocked. Hope is on the horizon, but this Mecca is teeming with lethal Sentinel drones who will not hesitate to annihilate anylife form that gets in their way.
• 3 Distinct Races (Human, Raak-zun and Sentinel) - Each with their own units, buildings, technological advantages and disadvantages.
• Unique Upgrades - Alternate modes can be researched for all units, unlocking dual functionality for greater tactical depth.
• Graphics - Stunning sci-fi environments from vast industrial cities and devastated wastelands, to a lush alien planet. While displaying rich graphical environments and visual effects, SunAge is playable on lower spec PC’s and laptops.
• Tactical Landscape - All units and their alternate modes are crucial to the overall strategy. Exploit weaknesses in the enemy’s network while strengthening your own connection lines.
• Formations - Squad concept combined with long distance camera views allows a large number of units to be fighting onscreen with a clear overview of the battle ground.
• Single Player - 25 campaign maps with compelling plots for each race.
• Multiplayer (LAN and Online)– Classic multiplayer with focus on gathering4 different kinds of resources and outsmarting the opponent in battle. 10 maps created uniquely for multiplayer mode.
• Command Queuing - Command your units to prone, build or attack where you want them and when you want them to do so.
• Indirect Intelligent Targeting (IIT) - Order your units to focus on pre-selected targets.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows® ME / 2000 / XP / Vista™
CPU: 1,2 GHz Intel® Pentium® III or equivalent AMD® Athlon™ processor
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB Recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video Card: 128 MB 3D accelerated video card
PC CD-ROM: 4x (or PC DVD-ROM drive)
Sound: DirectSound® compatible (Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series sound card recommended)
Available Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
DirectX®: 9.0c compatible
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers
Multiplayer: LAN or 56K (or faster) Internet Connection
After many years of dedicated indie development, Vertex4 Ltd. was founded in 2005. While having its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, the team also includes talents from Denmark and the UK. The company focuses on the creation of Real-time Strategy (RTS) games for the PC. Their premier project is SunAge. For more information about the company, visit www.vertex4.com.
About Lighthouse Interactive
Lighthouse Interactive is a fast growing publisher of interactive entertainment with offices established in Toronto and Montreal, Canada, Haarlem, The Netherlands and London, England. The company is focused on bringing strong titles to the worldwide market in a wide array of genres including: RPG, Simulation, Adventure, Action and Strategy. Staffed with industry veterans, Lighthouse is the right choice for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience.
Tel: +31 23 540 9449