NEW YORK - April 19, 2010 - Paradox Interactive and Graviteam have released the #7E patch for Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, the World War II battlefield strategy game. The update turns up the realism dial from 10 to 11, going so far as to improve the algorithm that determines how grenades interact with tree branches. One should expect nothing less from a team whose developers previously worked on military simulations for the Ukrainian army.
A great new trailer has been released to celebrate the occasion. The video can be found at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jQ8PRttK5U
The patch can be downloaded via digital download portals where the game is available for purchase. Visit the forum for a complete list of mirrors: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=494
For more information about Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 please visit the Achtung Panzer fan page on Facebook or visit www.paradoxplaza.com/games/achtung-panzer-kharkov-1943
Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 Features:
• Painstaking landscape reconstruction of Kharkov region in scope and size
• Dynamic change of day&night and weather effects, affecting combat– terrain traversal, visibility on the battlefield, disguise abilities of all forces etc.
• Thorough recreation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics including missile trajectories or number of crew were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
• Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield till the end of the scenario.
• Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
• Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
• Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters such as experience level, fatigue and moral, affecting his behaviour and effectiveness
• Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.
About Paradox Interactive
Since 1999, Paradox Interactive has been a leading global developer and publisher of PC-based strategy games. World-renowned for its strategy catalog, the company holds a particularly strong presence in the United States and Europe. Its steadily-growing portfolio includes originally developed titles such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis and the Hearts of Iron franchises, as well as publishing titles such as the Elven Legacy series, Mount&Blade and Majesty 2. Paradox stands poised to make an explosive entry onto consoles during 2010 with the release of Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West. For more information, please visit www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on twitter.
About Snowball Studios
Snowball Studios is a Russian games publisher. We are based in Moscow, Russia and we operate in the CIS (the term covers former USSR with the exception of Baltics). As of Q2'09, we published over 250 games for PC, as well as for Sony's, Microsoft's and Nintendo's console platforms, with more than 12% of releases selling in excess of 100,000 units. We work with European, American and Russian partners, publishers&developers, international&independent.
Graviteam is a game development studio based in Kharkov Ukraine. Founded in 2004 the studio specializes in developing strategic wargames with a strong sense of realism. For more information about Graviteam please visit www.graviteam.com