Back in Action takes players to the fictitious country of Arulco, where a ruthless dictator has seized power and only a small group of rebels stand to resist him. Tasked with freeing the island from the dictator’s iron grip, players will command rebel and mercenary forces while using tactical, diplomatic and economic tools to keep troops supplied and ready for the next flight, all while commanding them directly in nail-biting battles.
Back in Action’s innovative “plan & go” combat system combines real-time strategy (RTS) with turn-based elements to guarantee that the intricacies of tactical warfare are rendered in dynamic, exciting gameplay. This challenges would-be commanders to master not only strategy and tactical combat, but also to maximize their team’s capabilities through RPG-like character advancement.
- The Jagged Alliance series achieved numerous awards and is considered to date as milestone in the genre of real time strategy
- Unrivaled mix of combat (tactics), roleplay, business and strategy
- Innovative "Plan & Go" combat system combines RTS gameplay with turn-based elements
- Liberate a fictitious island from a dictator
- Realistic war setting with authentic-looking firearms
- Laptop/computer menu as a central anchor point for the player
- Assemble your own unit of mercenaries from over 60 unique mercenaries
- Simultaneous control of multiple squads using a strategic map
- Every mercenary has a detailed set of likes, dislikes, strengths and weaknesses
- Convincing characters who interact with and comment on the game events
- All the dialog has audio
- Train your mercenaries to improve their effectiveness
- Acquire resources by capturing mines and encampments
About bitComposer Games
bitComposer Games, based in Eschborn, Germany, is an independent publisher of PC and computer games. The company focuses on the international marketing of software entertainment products for the classic PC, console and handheld platforms. bitComposer Games works with experienced development teams and service providers worldwide to develop in-house projects, licensed titles and commissioned productions. For more information, please visit: www.bit-composer.com
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software that employs nearly 100 video game industry experts world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH -- and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com