Epsom, UK, January 31, 2013 – After decades of exploration, mankind has finally found a new hope. A new planet to conquer and colonize. They call it Pandora. From the frozen ice lands of the north, to vast deserts and lush tropical forests in the south, the planet is vast and hosts a wide variety of eco-regions. It is the perfect last resort for mankind. But it is far from being desolate, with indigenous life already covering the planet, but how will they react to alien invaders?
Pandora: First Contact is the latest science fiction 4X turn-based strategy game published by Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and developed by Proxy Studios ( www.proxy-studios.com). The game follows in the footsteps of classics like Alpha Centauri and Galactic Civilizations, but it also creates a completely new world of its own, with hundreds of creatures, settings, technological innovations and a never-seen-before range of deadly weapons. In development for now more than two years, Pandora: First Contact is something really novel in the genre of civilization-style games.
“ We are very excited about this new project”, said Iain McNeil, development director of Slitherine. “ This year’s line-up is shaping to be very attractive to a wide range of players and we are proud to bring such an intense, immersive and engaging sci-fi strategy game to our audience worldwide”.
The game is set to release towards the end of spring, with the open beta now available for registration at http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test/PandoraPC.
- Survive encounters with the planet's dangerous wild life. Agile predators in the steppes, deadly insect swarms in the jungle, or gigantic creatures lurking in the abyss of the oceans.
- Ruins and artefacts, the relics of an ancient alien civilization long forgotten, provide bonuses.
- Progress through a vast research tree spanning dozens of technologies that provide new buildings, units, weapons, and more.
- Negotiate trade or research pacts with other factions for mutual benefits. Forge alliances to stand united against common foes.
- Found new cities to expand the borders of your empire. Manage cities by selecting what structures they build or units they recruit and by assigning priorities to your colonists.
- Shape the landscape with terraforming: construct farms, mines, forts, or other improvements to increase the productivity of your colonies or to fortify positions.
- Command vast armies on the battlefield against enemy factions, making use of the variety of terrain types to gain an advantage.
- Design your own units, choosing from a variety of different classes, weapons and armour to maximize the strength of your forces.
- Unleash hell on your opponents with powerful military operations, ranging from drop pods behind enemy lines to black hole generators eradicating entire landscapes.
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine ( www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod ( www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.