August 19 th, 2012. Today, Reality Squared Games (R2Games) announced that Wartune, a next-generation browser game developed by 7 th Road (China) and strategically published by Reality Squared Games (Hong Kong) and Proficient City, LTD (Hong Kong), launched their beta phase this week on the R2Games platform. The first server for Wartune, Temple of Ibalize, is now open to the public. This highly-anticipated, hybrid RPG-Strategy game has proven incredibly successful throughout Asia, boasting registered players in the tens of millions and significant revenues to match.
In Wartune, players take on the role of a knight, mage, or archer to progress through a fantasy-based RPG plotline, while constructing and maintaining a thriving city and participating in dozens of daily quests and events. With thousand-person boss battles, city-building, PvP battle grounds and arenas, stunning graphics, a fascinating storyline, angels, demons, monsters, and farming, Wartune is bound to entertain both the casual and hardcore gamer alike.
Wartune features elements from many of your favorite browser and client games in addition to several unique new gaming mechanics:
- Single Player Campaign: a captivating storyline takes players throughout the realm of Balenor to locate the source of evil and defeat the risen dark God, Yaros. Players journey through a multitude of unique and picturesque dungeons on an adventurous journey of self-discovery.
- City-Building: A king is only as strong as his kingdom, and this is certainly true in Wartune. The success of your character in single-player campaigns and PvP events is directly influenced by how well you build your city. From learning defensive and offensive technologies in your academy, to recruiting and training troops in your barracks, the wealth, power, and strength of your character hinges on the tactical developments you invest in your kingdom.
- Quick Time Event (QTE) Combat System: Classic turn-by-turn combat systems are boring. Click. Done. Fall asleep on keyboard. With Wartune’s QTE system, players are not only able to choose their skills, but boost them as well through real-time keyboard commands. You fight the monsters, not your computer.
- Daily Activities: Wartune features dozens of daily quests to help your character gain gold, experience, and other valuable loot.
- PvP: Wartune features multiple types of PvP battles, including one-on-one ladders, group arenas, large scale battlegrounds, guild wars, and more. May the best player win!
- Thousand-Player BOSS Fights: World BOSSes spawn several times per day, requiring players to join hands in combat to take them down! All participating players are rewarded with loads of gold, while players at the top of the DPS charts will receive additional bonus rewards. Think you have what it takes?
- Don’t forget farming, dungeons, the ladder, guilds, the story, the art, the phat loot, and so much more!
Wartune will change the future of browser games. As a Free-to-play game playable from any browser providing a fully-loaded MMORPG experience, Wartune is a true next-generation browser game.
Get ready to answer the call…of the Wartune!