AUSTIN, TX (November 11, 2010)– Pixel Mine, Inc. today announced a series of major updates to its popular nFringe Tool Suite for Epic Games' Unreal Engine 3 (UE3). Unreal Engine 3 is the industry leading game engine for cross-platform game development.
Recognized as a Best Tool winner in Epic’s $1 Million Intel Make Something Unreal Contest, nFringe includes the first UnrealScript source-level debugger to successfully tie into the familiar Visual Studio experience. It includes support for breakpoints, stepping, locals, user watches, the Immediate window, and the Quick Watch window. It is available from Pixel Mine under a dual end-user license for commercial users and for non-commercial academic or modding purposes
New features included in the 1.1 nFringe update include:
- <*>Added the option to“Break on Accessed None” during script debugging*> <*>Added debugging support for 64-bit builds*> <*>Breakpoints can now be set in PostBeginPlay (and other methods called during the first ticks of the engine starting)*> <*>Added support for the Memory windows*> <*>Values of items in the Watch and Autos windows can be edited while debugging (previously read only)*>
- <*>New IntelliSense completion modes– in addition to significant improvements in overall typing speed, there’s no more having to remember variable prefixes or exact naming*> <*>Substring matching
- <*>CamelCase matching*> <*>Mixed matching*> <*>Brace matching and code folding*>
- <*>New and much easier to use license manager*>
Visual Studio 2010
- <*>Added support for Visual Studio 2010*> <*>Supports the new Navigate To… feature of Visual Studio 2010*>
All current nFringe licencess can upgrade to the current version of nfringe for no addintional fee.
For more information about nFringe, please visit www.pixelminegames.com/nfringe
About Pixel Mine ?
Headquartered in the gaming hotbed of Austin, Texas, Pixel Mine, Inc. is a developer and publisher of high quality independent entertainment products. More information about Pixel Mine can be found online at www.pixelminegames.com.
Pixel Mine is a member of Epic’s premiere Integrated Partners Program (IPP).
About Unreal Engine 3
The award-winning Unreal Engine is known for cutting-edge graphics and its best-of-breed toolset. Unreal Engine 3 maintains those features while adding massive world support, multi-processor support, next-generation console optimizations, and one of the most mature tool pipelines in the industry. Unreal Engine 3's advanced toolset is designed specifically to accelerate developers' productivity for ultra-complex, next-generation content. Additional information on Unreal Engine can be obtained through the Unreal Technology Web site at www.unrealtechnology.com.
Pixel Mine, Inc.