8 th August 2013 – A packed line-up of Nintendo games awaits attendees at this year’s gamescom trade fair in Cologne from 21 st August to 25 th August. Not only will you be able to get your hands on the latest upcoming titles recently demoed at the E3 Expo, but for the first time in Europe there will be a short playable demo of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y , the new evolution of Pokémon coming to Nintendo 3DS on 12 th October.
Games available to experience on the show floor include:
- Command your own colourful army of Pikmin in Pikmin 3 which launched across Europe on 26 th July, exclusively for Wii U. Your legion of tiny but powerful Pikmin can take on enemies and solve puzzles in their quest to collect fruit and save your home planet. The lush vegetation and curious wildlife of planet PNF-404 is brought to life with beautiful HD graphics. The Wii U GamePad offers a new take on strategic gameplay and there are new Pikmin types, new multiplayer modes and Miiverse integration that will take you on the wildest Pikmin adventure yet.
- Control up to 100 heroes and defend the earth from attacking aliens in The Wonderful 101 , an action-packed original game from PlatinumGames. Launching across Europe on 23 rd August, the game lets you take controls of a hoard of superheroes, using the Wii U GamePad to unite and morph into powerful formations, including a giant fist, sword, and a whip to smash the alien threat GEATHKJERK, or transform into a bridge, ladder or glider to solve puzzles and traverse the action-packed environments. Play either by yourself or fight alongside friends in five-player local co-op multiplayer.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD sails onto Wii U across Europe on 4 th October, with gorgeously enhanced HD graphics and new game features. Guide Link in this timeless classic as he sets out on a quest across the expansive Great Sea to find his kidnapped sister. Players can utilise the new Tingle Bottle feature to exchange messages with other players via Miiverse and set sail on the high seas to seek out the legendary Triforce.
- Everybody’s favourite hedgehog, Sonic, returns in Sonic Lost World from SEGA . Play as the fast-running, high-flying Sonic and unite with your arch nemesis, Dr. Eggman, to take on the Deadly Six using amazing new moves and incredible Colour Powers. Vault over obstacles, free-run up and along walls and sky-dive between islands in this colourful, action-packed adventure, launching across Europe on 18 th October.
- Wii Party U offers the opportunity for you and your friends and family to enjoy an array of board games and minigames on the TV, play familiar tabletop games using the Wii U GamePad controller or transform your living room into a game show floor. Use your own Mii character and post your impressions or even rate your performance after every game. No matter what kind of party you’re throwing, Wii Party U offers something for everyone and is available across Europe in October.
- Donkey Kong needs your help as Vikings are threatening his home and banana hoard in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from Retro Studios. Out in Europe in November this ground-pounding, barrel-blasting, side-scrolling action game in the Donkey Kong Country series is packed with a mass of new features and gameplay elements. Enjoy playing as Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong or buddy up with Dixie Kong as a completely new gameplay experience. With new levels, spectacular views through the dynamic rotating camera, multiple secrets to unlock, new moves to try out and five islands to explore, there is plenty to go bananas over!
- Work as a team with your friends or compete for the Goal Pole in SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD . The first multiplayer 3D Mario game for the Wii U console arrives in Europe in December. Enjoy each character’s unique abilities and play styles, as you can choose to play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach or Toad. The all-new cat transformation lets you hop onto all fours, launch mid-air attacks and scamper up walls while exploring the colourful 3D environments.
- Whether a veteran karaoke singer or a budding artist, join in on the fun by turning your Wii U into a Japanese style karaoke box with Wii Karaoke U by JOYSOUND , launching across Europe later in 2013. This complete karaoke experience will be free to download from Nintendo eShop, where the entire extensive library of music is accessed by purchasing a pre-set ticket that lets you choose how long your singing session will be. Putting the music choice literally into the palms of your hands, the Wii U GamePad acts as the catalogue allowing you to browse songs before you sing loud and proud, and if you choose to even doubles up as a microphone!
- Mario Kart 8 is set to turn your world upside-down as the Mario Kart franchise comes to Wii U in full HD, in Spring 2014 across Europe. Brand new courses with anti-gravity karts will have you driving along the walls of haunted mansions or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle. Enjoy the return of the 12-player online competitive play, hang-gliders, underwater racing and motorbikes. You can even share your most impressive action via Miiverse by submitting your highlight videos.
- Start training now, as Pokémon X and Pokémon Y is set to launch across Europe on 12 th October exclusively for Nintendo 3DS. This is a new evolution in Pokémon games with an all new Pokémon type to discover, amazing Legendary Pokémon and a new 3D graphics style. At gamescom, players will be able to sample a short demo that gives a little taste of Kalos, the brand new region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, and the thrill of battling with new Pokémon.
- Solve challenging puzzles in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, the final game in the prequel trilogy, launching across Europe 8 th November. Taking place one year after Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, the new and final quest begins when Professor Layton receives a surprise letter from an anonymous person who claims to have found a living mummy encased in ice. Take on the Professor’s last challenge and uncover the resolution to the series.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is a new game set in the world of the SNES classic The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. As Link, use a new magical ability to become a “drawing” and move along walls of dungeons, opening up new puzzle elements and ways to explore. The game brings the top-down, 2D world to life wi
th elevation and depth made possible by the Nintendo 3DS system’s stunning 3D visuals. Available across Europe in November.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd
., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.1 billion video games and more than 655 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.