24 April 2012 - Nintendo has today announced a series of Kid Icarus: Uprising multiplayer events taking place in HMV stores around the UK, giving fans the chance to battle it out against the expert Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle Squad. The first event takes place from 12.00-16.00 this Saturday 28 th April at HMV in Oxford Circus.
Fans need to take along their Nintendo 3DS console, competitive spirit and choose their favourite weapon, ready to join the battle. The Squad is made up of different skill levels to allow for fair competition and includes a pro gamer to challenge even the most experienced Kid Icarus: Uprising players.
Everyone who takes part will earn a limited edition Kid Icarus: Uprising poster. If a player defeats the Squad and wins a battle, they will be able to take home a set of AR Cards to boost their collection. The Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards are highly sought after – so make sure you get practising!
Nintendo is also launching a free prize draw via Twitter: all fans need to do is have their photo taken with the Squad in HMV and tweet it on the same day to @KidIcarusUK using the hashtag #KidIcarusBattleSquad to be in with a chance of winning* one of six £50 HMV vouchers. All Nintendo 3DS owners are encouraged to head down to the events and take their console to StreetPass TM with other fans.
All photos from the events will be uploaded onto the Nintendo 3DS Facebook page and for all the latest news about Kid Icarus: Uprising and the Battle Squad follow @KidIcarusUK.
The Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle Squad dates and locations:
hmv Oxford Circus – Saturday 28 th April
hmv Reading Oracle – Saturday 5 th May
hmv Birmingham Bullring – Saturday 12 th May
hmv Brighton Churchill – Saturday 19 th May
*Winners will be drawn at random
About Kid Icarus: Uprising:
Kid Icarus: Uprising launched exclusively on Nintendo 3DS on 23 rd March. The two multiplayer modes can be played against other Nintendo 3DS owners ‘Nearby’ via a local wireless connection or ‘Far Away’ via an internet connection. The two modes include Light vs Dark, where up to six players create two teams to fight against each other, and Free-for-All, where it is every player for themselves.
Twitter prize draw T&Cs:
By entering the free prize draw, you agree to comply with the following rules:
- To enter the Twitter prize draw, you must be at least 12 years old; under 16 year-olds must have permission from a parent or guardian
- To enter the free prize draw, you must tweet a picture of yourself with the Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle Squad to @KidIcarusUK using the hashtag #KidIcarusBattleSquad
- You must tweet your picture the same date as the event – winners will be drawn at random within 48 hours from all valid entries between 12.00 and 23.59, the date of the event
- There are a total of six £50 HMV vouchers to be won, with one name selected at random for each day the Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle Squad are in-store
- Winners will be notified via Twitter and will be asked to provide their name, date of birth and a valid email address. If under the age of 16, a valid email address for a parent or guardian must be provided
- By entering, you give us permission to publish your photograph on Nintendo’s Facebook page and use your photograph in any other publicity material in connection with the Kid Icarus: Uprising Battle Squad activity. You also confirm the consent of any additional people in the photograph
About Nintendo 3DS:
Nintendo 3DS offers Parental Controls so that parents can control the level of 3D their children can view on the Nintendo 3DS as well as the content they can access. Nintendo 3DS also features a 3D depth slider which lets players turn off or adjust the level of 3D they want on the 3D Screen, two built-in screens for different functionality, a Circle Pad which provides a full 360 degrees of direction, a built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor. It is equipped with three cameras (two of which are facing outwards to allow the taking of 3D pictures), houses a 2GB SD Memory Card and is compatible with AR Cards which come packaged with Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo 3DS is also backwards compatible with all existing Nintendo DS games, which can be played in 2D on your Nintendo 3DS system.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™ home console, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 3.9 billion video games and more than 620 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi™ XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo® 64 and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Grossostheim, Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe.