Hard To Be A God is due for Q4 2007 on PC
It's easy to be a hero.
It's hard to be a God.
In Hard To Be A God, you will discover the universe of the Strougatsky brothers' eponymous novel, a reference in the world of science-fiction.
Earth and Arkanar are two planets that once appeared as very similar. Indeed, for centuries their people shared a mutual history and friendship.
Although after a terrible war between both planets, the two societies completely split apart and lived secluded from each other. While planet Earth followed the path of modernity, the society of Arkanar strangely stagnated.
On the one hand, due to mysterious reasons and omnipresent violence, the Arkanar Kingdom barely evolved, remaining in a medieval society.
On the other hand, the Earth Empire considerably evolved mastering incredible technologies. Intrigued by the stagnation of their former patriots the Earth Empire decides to send a special secret agent.
This hero is secretly sent to Arkanar in order to investigate on the reasons why evolution on the two planets diverged. In order to achieve his mission, our hero will have to restrain the use of his modern equipment. Indeed, an excessive exposure would draw too much attention, and who knows what could happen if people started thinking that he's a god?
· A medieval universe and non-linear scenario based on the science-fiction novel, Hard to be a God, published in 1964, by the Soviet writers Arcady and Boris Strougatsky.
· A role playing game cleverly combining, adventure, espionage and science-fiction.
· A real and living world thanks to an advanced NPC system.
· Encounters of great depth: the attitude toward the hero changes considering the clothes he is wearing and his appearance, opening up a wider range of dialogues and leading to different possible results.
· A climatic change system featuring day/night alternation.
· More than 200 types of weapons and 200 types of armours. Access to futurist technology replaces the magic system.
· Journey throughout the Empire on horse back and fight.
· Genre: Hack'n Slash
· Release date: Q4 2007
· Publisher: Nobilis
· Age rating: +12 (TBC)
· Format: PC
· System requirements: Windows® 2000/XP, Pentium®IV 2 Ghz (2,5 GHz recommended), sound card compatible DirectX®, 512 MB RAM (1024 recommended), graphic card 3D 128MB, DirectX 9.0 (graphic card compatible DirectX9.0c with 256 Mo recommended).
· 1 player
· RRP: 44,99€
Nobilis - 46-48 Chemin de la Bruyère– 69570 Dardilly - www.nobilis-france.com
Audrey Settelen– Junior Product manager– firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Pestel– Senior Product manager– email@example.com
Christelle Chandavoine– International Sales Manager– firstname.lastname@example.org
Corinne Haudot– International Sales Manager– email@example.com
Nobilis Group, founded in Lyon in 2001, is specialized in the publication and distribution of video games, video game accessories and interactive DVD. Nobilis produces multi-platform games for PC, XboxTM, PlayStation®2, PSPTM, GameCubeTM, Nintendo DSTM, Game Boy®Advance and interactive DVD.
Nobilis has distribution subsidiaries in France (Nobilis France in Lyon), Spain and Portugal (Nobilis Iberica in Madrid), Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg (Nobilis Benelux) and Italy (Rome).
Some of the most prominent partners that feature in Nobilis' catalogue are 1C Company, Agetec, Akella, Aspyr, Buka, Capcom, Cenega, City Interactive, Enlight Software, Focus, Frogwares, JoWood, Lago, Lighthouse, RTL, Zuxxez...
Nobilis Publishing' own games include "Destination: Treasure Island" (PC), "The Secrets of Da Vinci™: The forbidden Manuscript (PC), "The Secrets of Atlantis™: the Sacred Legacy (PC), "Mountain Bike Adrenaline featuring Salomon™" (PlayStation®2), "Moto Racer 3 Gold Edition™" (PC), "Coffee Break™" (PC), "Coffee Break™2" (PC), "Wild Water Adrenaline featuring Salomon™" (PlayStation®2),…
Nobilis is as well a producer and distributor for console accessories by the intermediary of its brand Subsonic for platforms such as: Xbox 360™, PlayStation®2, PlayStation®3, Nintendo Wii™, GameCube™, PSP™ and Nintendo DS™.