According to market researcher iSuppli, mobile-gaming users worldwide will reach 134 million average users a month by 2010, up from 38 million average users in 2005. Mobile game purchasers will increase by more than 16% annually to reach close to 50 million customers by 2010.
The Economic Development Board of Singapore states that the Asia-Pacific market is expected to be worth S$616.1 billion (US$366 billion) by 2008. Some success factors in the region include the increasing affluence and technological awareness in these markets, a strong demand for original Asian content and importantly the emergence of such markets as China and India.
As a pioneer in the Mobile Games industry, Nokia has strongly regarded Mobile Gaming as a core experience. In recent times, Nokia has evolved its strategy the focus has shifted away from a from a dedicated game phone to a games platform which allows for easy discovery, trial, purchase, and play of compelling connected mobile gaming content on a range of N-Gage compatible Nokia S60 devices.
As one of the key sponsors of the Games Convention Asia conference, now in its inaugural year in Asia, Nokia will have the following activities at Suntec City Convention Centre– a Media briefing at Room 201, a demonstration showcase area at Hall 601-603 (booth 6D 25 at Hall 601 -602 )and also the Nokia N-Gage Booth on Level 2.
You are cordially invited to attend the Nokia press briefing on mobile games&N-gage on
Thursday, Sep 6, 2007 at Room 201 from 11.45am to 2pm.
There you will get to hear from Nokia executives such as Jawahar Kanjilal, Director, Multimedia Experiences in Asia Pacific and Keith Liu, Head of Internet and Games Experiences, Multimedia Experiences Asia Pacific, on:
- <*>Latest announcements on Nokia’s business focus on Consumer Internet Services, and the new N-Gage platform/Games service*> <*>The N-gage user experience, propositions for developers as well as for consumers*>
For more information on media interviews, please contact Aaron Kong at email@example.com or +65 65572717.
NOKIA SPEAKING SLOTS
1. A keynote address will be delivered by Jawahar Kanjilal, Director, Multimedia Experiences in Asia Pacific, on“The Next Generation in Mobile Gaming, at Room 3, Level 2 on Friday, Sept 7 from 11.30am-12.20pm.
Find out how Nokia is redefining the mobile games experience by using community and social networking to create a new mobile gaming culture with the new N-Gage platform. Learn how Nokia will revolutionise the way consumers will discover, purchase and share new games experiences through the new N-Gage platform.
2. Keith Liu, Head of Internet and Games Experiences, Multimedia Experiences Asia Pacific, will take you through the N-Gage User Experience from 1.30-3.20pm on Friday, Sept 7 at Room 4, Level 2.
3. Hear what Nokia has to say about creating a true Mobile Gaming Platform with the N-Gage experience. See how Nokia is starting its efforts from the core user experience to improve the entire framework of mobile gaming, making it a better environment for users, publishers, and developers. Mikka Skarffari will be speaking“Developing for the N-Gage platform from 2-3pm on Friday Sep 7 at Room 4, Level 2 covering the technical aspects of the new N-Gage platform from a game developer's point of view.
- <*>Nokia will be showcasing the latest mobile gaming devices and games at the main exhibition at Hall 601-603 (booth 6D 25 at Hall 601 -602) and also at the Nokia N-Gage Booth on Level 2.*>
- <*>Nokia will also be giving a series of lectures for developers and publishers at the GCA Business Centre - Booth number 6P04*>
Nokia is the world leader in mobility, driving the transformation and growth of the converging Internet and communications industries. Nokia makes a wide range of mobile devices and provides people with experiences in music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games and business mobility through these devices. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.