Worms / Bracknell, 8th April 2009
Officers provides World War II real-time strategy gamers with warfare on a previously unseen scale. Formidable battles are possible, with more than 1,500 units fighting simultaneously across up to 10 square miles of battlefield.
You command the US combat units; your aim is to smash the Germans’ western front. In multiplayer mode, you can also command Russian or German troops. Historical battles such as Operations Overlord, Millennium and Cobra will put your tactical abilities to the test, as you have skillfully to combine infantry, tank, artillery and air troops.
Speed and power will only lead to victory if you extend your troops’ supply lines and capture enemy emplacements and depots. Strategically beneficial high-ground and the varied landscape can be used to your advantage. Thanks to an advanced map editor, you can recreate other historical battles or design your own.
• Historically correct battles, beginning with the Normandy landings
• Infantry can barricade and entrench in houses, trenches etc.
• Up to 1,500 units simultaneously in one sector
• Multiplayer mode for up to 8 players involving Allied, German and Russian troops
• More than 70 different unit types (Infantry, light vehicles, tanks, artillery, air troops, navy)
• Map Editor to design scenarios and missions in either single or multiplayer mode
• Elaborate winter and summer scenarios
• Surroundings completely destructible
• Sophisticated resource management
• Taking of enemy emplacements with house-to-house combat in an urban environment
• Realistic change between day and night
• Combined artillery, infantry and air-force operations
Officers: World War II will be available from 15th May 2009 at a RRP of£24.99
For further Information please visit www.kalypsomedia.com
Kalypso Media are publishing Officers: World War II from Morphicon in selected European Territories
About Kalypso Media
Specialising in the publishing of interactive media– primarily computer games - Kalypso Media was founded in summer 2006 by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek. A year later, the sister company Kalypso Media UK Ltd. was opened in England and is now led by Andrew Johnson and Charlie Barrett, two experienced members of the Kalypso Media Group management team.
For further Information contact
Keiron Fraser/Sally Robinson/Martyn Abbott
Chaloner Associates (Cambridge) Ltd
Tel +44 (0) 1954 270599 or 270598
Mob +44 (0) 771 517 1788