July 22, 2008, Toronto, Canada: JoWooD Productions and DreamCatcher Games, leading publishers of interactive entertainment software around the world, today announced the official website for The Orb and the Oracle has been launched. Fans of the Dungeon Lords fantasy RPG series can access the website at www.theorbandtheoracle.com to find screenshots, videos, artwork, wallpapers, music and more.
The community based website contains message boards and will be frequently updated with the latest news on the game’s development. Screenshots and videos will provide RPG fans with their first glimpse into the next installment in the Dungeon Lords saga.
• A massive fantasy world filled with non-stop action and meticulously detailed indoor and outdoor environments. Explore shrines, campsites and country cottages throughout the vast rolling countryside, mountains, woodlands, swamplands and more.
• An advanced and robust combat system couples with devastating magic spells for a variety of ways to vanquish your foes in real-time.
• 25+ different classes to choose from and 3 class tiers. Create your character using a combination of 5 classes from the different tiers, opening different skills for each.
• An epic, non-linear single-player campaign coupled with a multiplayer co-op campaign.
• Hundreds of weapons, spells, items and rare artifacts to equip and use.
• A variety of personal quests and missions, featuring a world filled with NPC characters to interact and bargain with.
• Build your character earning experience, gold and other valuable items as you complete challenging quests. Unlock advanced class types for new depths of gameplay.
• Designed, written and dev eloped by award-winning computer game author D.W. Bradley.
The anticipated ESRB rating is T for Teen.
If you host or post please let me know!
Public Relations Coordinator
416.638.5000 Ext. 266
About DreamCatcher Inc.
DreamCatcher Inc. is a leading worldwide publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software. DreamCatcher Interactive is owned by JoWooD Productions, an Austrian based videogame publisher traded on the Vienna stock exchange.
Established in 1996, the company markets i ts products under two popular labels: DreamCatcher Games, featuring the critically acclaimed, bestselling game Painkiller; and The Adventure Company, the number one brand for PC adventure game sales worldwide including award-winning titles such as Syberia and Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None.
DreamCatcher products include titles for Windows® as well as leading hardware platforms– the Xbox 360™, PlayStation® 3, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.
DreamCatcher is located in Toronto, Canada.
Visit www.dreamcatchergames.com for more information.
About JoWooD Productions Software AG
JoWooD Productions Software AG (ATXPrime: JWD) is listed in the Prime Market segment of the Vienna stock exchange. JoWooD is a leading publisher of computer and videogames, releasing international acclaimed, high-quality titles for all existing and future gaming systems. JoWooD games are distributed worldwide by an efficient net of distribution partners. V isit http://corporate.jowood.com for more information.