FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mountain View, California - Order of Magnitude Games is pleased to announce the release of a free version of their iPad board game, Mother Lode. Players can sample a two-player human versus computer match before deciding to upgrade.
Mother Lode is a family style board game where players control miners on the surface of a dying planet, trying to escape with the most ore. Players take turns moving their miners, removing land tiles from the planet, and moving creatures. The play field becomes increasingly dangerous as more of the planet's surface is removed. When flipped, land tiles reveal actions that players can use to help themselves or hinder their opponents. Miner value is hidden until the end of the game. No one knows who will win until the planet explodes and the final score is revealed.
The game features:
- Detailed high resolution graphics enabled by the new iPad
- Each planet tile reveals one of 14 possible actions
- Strategic thinking and adaptability required to maximize your score
- Three creature types are out to thwart you
- Wormholes, planet quakes and escape pods ahoy!
By unlocking the free version of the game via in app purchase, players instantly convert to the full game, enabling the following:
- Full four player matches with any combination of human and computer players
- All future gameplay updates
About Order of Magnitude Games
Order of Magnitude Games was founded in 2011 by Scott Cartier, a fifteen-year veteran in the tech industry. Scott hopes to use his business to offload the decades of game ideas he has spiraling in his head. He wants to create games that are an order of magnitude more fun than the typical mobile game fare. Copyright © 2012 Order of Magnitude Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.