London, UK - 2nd March 2012: British independent developers Origin8 are happy to announce that their award-winning science fiction Tower Defence game “Sentinel 3: Homeworld” is now available for the PC from the Impulse digital distribution platform, priced at $7.95/£4.99.
“As a keen PC gamer myself, I'm thrilled to see the Sentinel series launch on Impulse,” said programmer and designer Paul Jackman. “Digital distribution is a real boon to small studios such as ours.”
In Sentinel 3: Homeworld, the player takes command of the eponymous dropship Sentinel on a mission to cut off an interstellar alien invasion at the source. Pioneering Tower Defence game mechanics, refined throughout the development of the series, provide a wealth of options when dealing with the extraterrestrial threat:
- A powerful commander unit which can level up and gain new abilities as you play
- Unleash the Sentinel's incredible ship weapons system - if you've got the power to do so...
- Customize your weapon loadout in the Armory to match the demands of the mission
- Use the landscape and destructible defences to maximize the effectiveness of your weapons
- Deploy mobile attack drones to harass the enemy and augment static structures
- Construct boosters to buff your offence, and upgrade to top-tier towers for devastating special moves
- Resource harvesting and interest system adds a new dimension of risk and reward
- Hours of gameplay across an epic 20 level campaign, and additional Endless mode available for all maps
Purchase and download Sentinel 3: Homeworld from: http://impulsedriven.com/sentinel3
For more information, screenshots and a gameplay trailer, visit http://origin8.com/pc/sentinel3/
Origin8 Technologies is an independent development studio based in London, UK. With an experienced team whose credits cover a vast number of gaming platforms from the ZX Spectrum to the latest mobile devices, they specialise in games and entertainment for iOS, Android and desktop digital download.