San Francisco– February 4, 2009– Outspark, a rapidly-growing virtual playground combining free to play games with personalized social experiences, announced today the open beta launch for the 2D side-scrolling role-playing adventure game, Wind Slayer. Thrill seekers looking for endless hours of entertainment can begin their own Wind Slayer journey now by visiting www.playwindslayer.com, registering for a free Outspark account and downloading the game. The Open Beta begins at 3 p.m. PST today.
Wind Slayer offers a rich role-playing experience in which players create and customize a character, conquer hundreds of quests and engage in frenetic Player vs. Player (PvP) battles with up to 20 players at a time. Set on the beautiful continent of Beuritania, Wind Slayer challenges players to defeat monsters and bosses as they gain skills, explore the game's beautiful and mysterious locales and follow the path of one of six diverse and powerful classes.
Open beta players will have the chance to participate in a variety of Wind Slayer in-game special events and contests including:
• February 4-10“Second Chance Event”: Play and reach Level 10 by February 10th and receive a rare Ancient Necklace.
• February 4-10“Race to Level 25”: Play and reach Level 25 by February 10th and receive a powerful class-specific weapon.
• February 4-24“Month of Love”: Create a new Wind Slayer character in the month of February and receive five free Love Potions.
• February 7-8“Weekend Slayer”: Log onto Wind Slayer on either day between 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. PST and receive a free set of Ancient Earrings– just for logging in!
• February 13“Slayer Tournament”: Build a team of four to compete in Wind Slayer’s first tournament for a chance to win a class-specific weapon. Tournament sign up is on the Wind Slayer forums February 9-12.
With the addition of Wind Slayer, Outspark now offers its online community the opportunity to engage in five immersive multiplayer games including the hit titles Fiesta and Secret of the Solstice. The Outspark virtual playground also features a social networking portal where community members can create free profiles, chat with their friends, create and share content and even give one another in-game items. Since Outspark’s launch in late 2007, the community has grown to more than 3.7 million users.
Outspark is a leading entertainment services company that publishes and operates engaging online multiplayer games. Featuring a portfolio of immersive free-to-play games and related content, the company is building an online destination where members come for the games and stay for the community. Backed by Tencent, Altos Ventures and DCM, Outspark is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., with a subsidiary office in Seoul, Korea. For more information, visit http://www.outspark.com.
(209) 586-1495 x104
(209) 586-1495 x106