This Release's Tags
Asia, Asia-Pacific, China, Digital Distribution, Digital Downloads, Mobile, Mobile gaming, Mobile phones, Social Networks, android, online gaming, social games, social networking
SAN FRANCISCO - August 24, 2011
PapayaMobile (papayamobile.com), the leading social gaming network for Android, today has announced that it has surpassed 25 million users representing over 940% growth since the beginning of 2010. In light of this milestone, PapayaMobile is revealing network statistics that show the growth of the Papaya network as the social mobile gaming industry continues to expand.
- More than 11 million paid transactions have occurred using Papaya’s virtual currency.
- ARPPU (average revenue per paying user) on the Papaya network is $22.60/month.
- ARPPU across all Papaya Game Engine games is more than $10.00 per month.
- On average, 1 in 5 users purchase Papaya’s virtual currency in social games that use Papaya’s Game Engine.
- Popular titles earn on average over $20,000/month.
- The most spent by a single user on the Papaya network is $4,440.
- 93 million pMails have been sent to users across the Papaya network.
- Users have engaged in over 874 million game sessions.
- Regionally, the fastest growing market for Papaya is China which has experienced over 500% growth since January 2011. Europe is close behind at 224% and then the United States at 222%.
Papaya’s monetization and growth has come from several different areas including user engagement, increased demand for mobile social games and the growing Android installed base worldwide.
Thanks to the introduction of new social features and ongoing optimization of the social network, user engagement has risen to all-time highs. Papaya has been also able to capitalize on the higher demand for mobile Facebook-style social games through its free Game Engine technology which can be used to build complex social titles in a matter of weeks. The game engine is used in hit titles like Treasure Fever and X-City which have monthly ARPPUs of roughly $10.00.
Papaya has also proven that its social network can propel games to the top of the Android Market charts using its viral marketing features like newsfeeds, pMail and the Papaya Free application which is the most popular games SNS application reviewed at 4.3 stars on the Android Market. Through its viral marketing features, the recently launched X-City from Aidi was boosted into sixth place in the casual games category with no marketing outside of the Papaya network. In X-City’s first weekend, 90% of its traffic came from the Papaya Social Network.
For more information on PapayaMobile, visit http://papayamobile.com/
Founded in 2008 by CEO Si Shen and CTO Qian Wenjie, PapayaMobile provides both tools for game developers and content for players on its growing social mobile network of over 25 million users worldwide. With headquarters in Beijing and offices in San Francisco and London, PapayaMobile offers developers a fast and easy way to reach millions of users across the globe and improve their return on investment for Android game development. Players can participate in high quality social mobile gaming experiences with rich community interaction across Papaya’s rapidly growing network of hosted games. http://papayamobile.com/