NEW YORK — October 3, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and minion of all-powerful wizards, today announced the upcoming release of Warlock 2: The Exiled from Ino-Co Plus , the sequel to turn-based strategy fantasy game Warlock: Master of the Arcane. Coming to PC in Spring 2014, Warlock 2 will challenge strategic sorcerers and megalomaniacal mages to conquer Ardania in an all-out war of cunning, combat, diplomacy, and excessively enormous fireballs. Single-player and multi-player gameplay will each challenge would-be warlocks to manage an entire realm full of deadly beasts, promising to make Warlock 2: The Exiled an exercise in constant war mongering and turn-based tragedy.
For a glimpse at the perils of Warlock 2: The Exiled, watch this trailer, courtesy of a babbling man spouting off stuff about war:
Journey back to the realm of Ardania, the land that cannot go an entire week without being conquered, and conquer it once again! Exiled to a shard from a shattered world, players of Warlock 2: The Exiled must contend with fellow exiled mages and a host of terrifying creatures. Wield ancient magic, summon even more terrifying creatures, wage constant war where every decision is crucial (warlocks don't do auto-resolving battles), and discover just who possesses the greatest balls of fire in a turn-based strategy game that offers no surrender or retreat.
Warlock 2: The Exiled features:
- The Never-ending Gory – The battle for Ardania is constant, merciless, and challenging: your claim to the land will be tested with battles across the world map where each fight is worthy of your personal attention; you're not called a WAR-lock for nothing
- Spelling Counts – Over 150 spells to add to your tome, allowing command over powerful enchantments, nasty hexes, and elemental forces
- A Crass Menagerie – Hundreds of different mythical and magical beasts to deploy on the battlefield with distinct tactical uses, from giant rats and dwarven prospectors to werewolves with hats on them
- Friendship is Magic – A multi-player experience as robust as the single-player experience, including PvP, Co-op PvE, and every combination in between
- Warlock 2: The Playstyles – Fight your way through the shards to reclaim Ardania in new ‘Exile’ mode, or relive the classic gameplay of ‘Master of the Arcane’ mode with new features from the sequel