San Jose, CA, March 4, 2010, - Pearl Research is pleased to announce the release of a double report focused on the games and digital entertainment markets in Vietnam and India, two fast growing markets.
Both markets are driven by rising incomes, increasing PC and Internet penetration rates, and a large population of youth that are actively seeking out entertainment content.
Pearl Research’s key findings:
+ There are more than 50 online games in the market in Vietnam, a notable achievement given that the online games market emerged in popularity in 2004. Other notable trends include the emergence of locally-developed titles, aimed specifically at Vietnamese gamers. There are approximately 22 million Internet users in Vietnam with an Internet penetration rate of 25%. Top online games in Vietnam can attract 200,000 users. The Internet cafes that Pearl Research visited in Vietnam were consistently crowded with users playing online games.
+ India has always attracted attention with a fast-growing economy, large legion of English-speaking middle-class and a thriving information technology (IT) sector. While India’s Internet user base is at 40 million, the games market can be challenging with infrastructure issues and a nascent gaming culture. Still, there have been extensive investments in India's digital entertainment sector with new game launches and a proliferation in the number of mobile titles. In addition, more than 180,000 Internet cafes across India provide access to Internet and digital content.
The Vietnam and India studies cover:
- Key metrics such as the size of the games market, top titles, top game publishers, number and growth in Internet users, broadband and PC hardware penetration
- Inhibitors and drivers to market growth
- Internet cafes and their role in the online games market
- MMOGs, social and casual games currently in the market along with the growing popularity of social networking sites
- Profiles of key players
- Comparison to China’s games market
- Vietnam study includes interviews with Vietnamese gamers
- Indian study includes an analysis of packaged PC, mobile and console games (Xbox, PlayStation 3 and others) market.
About Pearl Research
Pearl Research, a business intelligence and consulting firm, specializes in the Internet and technology markets with a special focus on emerging markets and platforms including
social networking, casual games, social media, micro-transactions and online games. The company publishes in-depth research reports and provides customized research and consulting services. For more information, please call (+1) 415-738-7660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.