RICHARDSON, Texas – September 14, 2012 – PeopleFun, a game company focused on high-quality games for the mobile space and other emerging platforms, today announced “The Chums”, a series of customizable characters that enable players to uniquely express themselves while they play mobile games. Word Chums is the first game to feature the new character franchise. It’s a word game with familiar and approachable word building gameplay, and a mix of fun ingredients that make the game unique and more fun to play.
The game is now available for free to anyone that wants to experience awesome gameplay. There is also an ad-free paid version which includes 1,000 in-game coins for players to spend on in-game power-ups like bombs, hints and customization items for their Chum.
“The Chums give everyone the ability to personalize their play experience,” said Tony Goodman, founder and CEO of PeopleFun. “We want the game to be available to everyone for free, and at the same time, offer more serious players the ability to get a head start on customizing their unique character. With Word Chums, even your Aunt Maude can dress up as an in-game duck with a pirate hat and a martini. It’s pretty fun to see how people choose to express themselves while enjoying the game.”
Word Chums can be downloaded for free at: http://itunes.apple.com/app/word-chums-free/id517840944?mt=8
About Word Chums
At the root of any great game is great gameplay. Word Chums for iOS delivers a fun gaming experience that players of all skill levels will enjoy. For casual players, it adds a new dimension to an established genre. For core gamers, there is finally a word game that will meet their needs for depth, complexity, competition and fun. Word Chums goes far beyond other word building games with a plethora of features including:
• Games for 2-4 Players – Head-to-head, couples, teams,3-4 players, if it’s between two and four players, Word Chums has it.
• The Chums - Oozing with personality, they bring the game to life. Have fun earning gear to outfit your Chum and expressing your style.
• Streamlined Gameplay - Word Chums is a pleasure to play. See words validate instantly as you place letters and see the scoring badge automatically indicate word strength.
• Familiar Word Building - Word Chums stays true to the classic word building gameplay you know and love, but adds new elements that make it fresh and even more fun.
• Leaderboards and Top Chum Status - Earn experience points with each word played and level up to become the next Emperor. Show off your “wordly” prowess by climbing your way to the top of the weekly leaderboards.
• Truly Social Gameplay - See how all your friends are doing from the friends list on the main screen. Experience a new level of collaborative fun by grabbing a teammate for a co-op challenge, or go up against another couple.
• Hints – Use hints to point you to the location of a higher point word.
• Core Gaming Experience -gaming and core gaming don’t seem to go together, but we actually did it. Word Chums has achievements, best-word challenges, leveling, player stats, leaderboards and much more. It’s a deep gaming experience that anyone can play and true gamers can attempt to master.
• Learn a Little - Expand your vocabulary as you quickly experiment with new letter combinations and instantly discover new words. Tap any word to see its definition.
• Optional Paid Version – The game is free, but if you want a quick boost and no ads, upgrade the App and get 1,000 in-game coins and we’ll banish the ads
PeopleFun is developing games that deliver multiple levels of entertainment. Much like great movies which appeal to the mass audience, but also feature another level of entertainment for those that seek deeper engagement, PeopleFun is crafting its games with a multi-tier audience in mind.
Players interested in getting into the beta for PeopleFun’s games can express their interest by Liking PeopleFun or commenting on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/PeopleFun/356688751019482
Peoplefun was founded in Dallas Texas in late 2011 by serial entrepreneur and games industry visionary Tony Goodman, the heralded developer Angelo Laudon and a team of highly skilled and respected game creators. The company was formed to create and publish games that offer players compelling characters and worlds that offer new gameplay experiences that are just plain fun. Peoplefun is actively growing as it ramps up to release its first titles in 2012. For more information, please visit: www.peoplefun.com
# # #
NOTE to Editors: The Press Kit and assets are available at: http://www.game-newswire.com/index.php/presskits/34-press-kits/667-word-chums-press-kit.html
International Digital Entertainment Agency (IDEA)