Berlin, Dec. 12th 2008: Frogster reveals information about mounts and pets in Runes of Magic shortly before the start of the open beta.
Mounts not only allow for faster travelling, but they also are a status symbol for every Runes of Magic player. They can be rented for a period of time from merchants for ingame currency. This feature is accessible for players right from character level one. Amongst others permanent mounts for lifetime are available at the item shop.
Due to a large selection of pets, collectors will get their money’s worth in Runes of Magic . Besides goblins, cats and wolves, exotic pets like a small Grim Reaper are following the players at every turn in the vast game world. But the following also is essential: the little companions can rarely be found in the loot of defeated enemies. Impatient players can use the item-shop, where they can buy pets and mounts for either a trial period or their whole life.
In the future Frogster plans additional features for their pets. Already in development are companions that can assist players in battles, cast beneficial magic spells on players and can even fight in special arenas against each other. Frogster also plans to introduce mounted combat in one of the upcoming patches: players can fight on horseback against monsters, as well as human opponents.
Runes of Magic– a world full of wizardry and adventure
With an extensive range of features Runes of Magic prepares to redefine the standard of free-to-play MMO games. Right from the launch Runes of Magic will convey its absorbing story through more than 1.000 quests embedded in an atmospheric world. Players can choose between six main classes. Combined with a secondary class they dispose of 36 individual character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts. A particularly attractive feature for guilds and players is the possibility to arrange their own virtual homes with individual furnishing. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, thrilling PVP as well as demanding dungeons and boss-monsters, no wishes remain unsatisfied. The Taiwanese developer Runewaker has developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards within a time frame of three years. The studio will provide new challenges for players every three to four monthswith free add-ons and updates. MMO fans can find more information, pictures and videos on the official website www.runesofmagic.com.
Runes of Magic features
- Free2play: no monthly fees, free download
- Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
- Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
- Enthralling background story
- More than 1.000 quests and quest series on launch
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
- Individually developable skills and spells
- Armor sets with special bonuses
- Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
- Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
- Ranking system with player-ranking lists
- Multitude of unique mounts
- Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
- Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
- Reputation system
- Customisable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
- Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
- Ingame auction houses for trading items
- Teleport-Runes for instant travel
- Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
- Regular updates with new content
- Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
- Guild houses in special zones in development
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage: http://www.runewaker.com
About Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
As a holding with different shares in the computergames industry, the Frogster Interactive Pictures AG based in Berlin is focusing on the growth sector of massively multiplayer online games. The company licenses, operates und markets different online games in the German speaking market and internationally. Its Korean joint venture Frogster Co. Ltd. based in Seoul develops mmo games and markets their own as well as licensed virtual worlds in Asia. Frogster America Inc. based in San Francisco, USA, will be taking up the operation and exploitation of mmo games in North America in 2009. At their offices in Berlin, Seoul and San Francisco, the Frogster group employs more than 80 staff members in the fields of development, marketing, PR, web design, web development, community management, customer support, hosting, billing and administration. Internet: www.frogster-interactive.de
Frogster Interactive Pictures AG
T +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -39
F +49 (0) 30 - 28 47 01 -11