FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tokyo, Japan – March 12, 2013 - Today, Mages, a publisher of interactive software, announced today that new downloadable add-on content for Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, is available from today for 400MSP.
The retro-styled brawler gets a brand new character in the form of Kurisu Makise from the popular visual novel "Steins;Gate" to battle the forces of the evil Phantom. Furthermore, the level cap of all the original characters as well as Kurisu has now been increased to 99 and 8 new achievements have been added with this downloadable content.
About Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
A mysterious man known as the Phantom has awakened and hatches a plan to unseal his dark powers. By giving ancient weapons known as the F.A. (Fu-mantion Artifacts) to youths with special abilities, he convinces them to battle each other with the promise to grant the wishes of the victors. However, each time the Fu-mantion Artifacts, are used in battle the space-time continuum is weakened. This creates a rift between two parallel worlds, which will inevitably unseal the Phantom’s powers.
Waka, the daughter of the Kumon Family, a clan waging tasked with protecting the world from the Phantom, and her friend Mikoto, attempt to stop him. However, the Phantom manages to escape and kidnaps Waka’s younger sister, Nagi. Waka and Mikoto, along with Itsuki, self-proclaimed “Ally of Justice" and Yuzuha, a ninja unpersuaded by the lure of the Phantom, set off to rescue Nagi and stop his nefarious plan.
- Combines the best 8-bit retro aesthetics with modern 3D technology.
- Fight as Itsuki, Yuzuha, Waka and Mikoto, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- Team up with up to 3 of your friends online or locally in Co-Op Mode or see who’s the greatest warrior in Battleground Mode.
- Earn experience as you battle through the enemy horde to unlock devastating new skills and build up your attack strength, defense, and speed.
- Battle against ginormous, screen-filling enemies!
- 4 different modes of play: Story, Arcade, Co-op and Battleground.
In a time of rapid technological development, MAGES strives to provide the appropriate contents to the appropriate audiences on the most suitable platforms. With a strong focus on visual novels, 5pb has developed and created several well-received IPs including the Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head in its native country of Japan.