STOCKHOLM, Sweden - May 5, 2011
PAN Vision and Fabrication Games today announced the launch of Piclings, a new platform game for iOS devices that turns photos into playable worlds. Snap pics of fancy buildings, beautiful natural landscapes or even your weird uncle’s mangy dog, and the game engine takes care of the rest, converting them into levels populated with enemy Huffies and Puffies standing in the way of collectible treasures. Bring your very own Picling named Picazzo to life through photos limited only by your imagination. Piclings is now available for download from the App Store for $0.99.
Piclings highlights include:
• Single player platform game for all ages that allows players to turn their photos into unique levels filled with enemies and rewards.
• Using Canny edge technology, the game analyzes any picture and translates it into structures to create levels complete with enemies and objects.
• Create and share your original levels with other players using the easy, built-in iPhone mail client.
• Unlock achievements and secure your place on a global high scores list with Apple Game Center integration.
• The intuitive virtual analog controls create an invisible joystick anywhere the player touches the screen. Simply moving a finger over the screen makes Picazzo run or hover.
• Fight Huffies and Puffies and grab special items in an infinite number of possible levels.
Turn your world into your very own platformer with Piclings, now available on the iTunes App Store here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/piclings/id421154520?mt=8&ls=1
For more information on Piclings, visit the official website at: www.piclings.com
To view the official video trailer, visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-1jcaC8pQ
About PAN Vision
PAN Vision is the leading distributor and publisher of home entertainment products in Northern Europe. Their growing portfolio of games includes the highly successful franchise Backpacker, a series of travel, adventure and quiz games. The HQ is situated in Stockholm, and they have offices in all Nordic countries. PAN Vision will continue to develop and publish new games for PC, consoles and mobile phones with a focus on digital distribution and gaming for entertainment and education. For more information, please visit www.panvisiongames.com.
About Fabrication Games
Fabrication Games has been making games for mobile phones since the beginning of the industry. The first award was won 2002 and since then seven more have been added from international competitions such as IMGA, IGF, Into the Pixel and Nokia Innovation Challenge. Their success comes from a genuine interest in games on mobile platforms. They excel in production and understand the inner workings of a quality handheld game. They develop games for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Flash and the Zeebo platform.
Amanda James, Account Executive, TriplePoint
+1 (310) 587-9200